Ongeveer 24 uur geleden - Wageningen UR - Wageningen
Assistant/Associate Professor Computer Science (emphasis on education)
TU Delft is looking for scientists with a passion for education
Challenge: Renew and develop high-quality and cutting-edge education
Change: Initiate and contribute to educational innovation
Impact: Create impact through education on students, lecturers and society
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- € 3807 - € 5211 per maand
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science attaches great importance to excellent education and wants to give this a strong impulse by offering an interesting and challenging academic career to scientists with a passion for education.
- As an assistant/associate professor in computer science with emphasis on education, you will play a key role in the faculty’s educational process and be active in scientific research. You will initiate and contribute to educational innovation that enhances the effectiveness and efficiency of computer science education and its impact on students, lecturers and society.
- In your teaching, you emphasize the links to societal and technological developments and to state of the art research in computer science. You are enthusiastic about the latest didactic insights and evidence-based teaching methods. You make well-considered use of these findings in organizing your teaching and you test the effectiveness of the innovations introduced with the aid of data.
- You contribute to a collaborative educational culture and an inspiring student-teacher community. You value direct contact with students and are accessible to them. You guide and coach colleagues in their development into good teachers and educational developers.
- You promote a supportive and inclusive culture for every student and colleague. You make connections between different subjects and with different teachers within the curriculum. You take a leading role in the (re)design of education and assessment.
- You are a successful researcher in one of the main computer science themes of the faculty. You will participate in ongoing research projects (possibly in cooperation with other universities or industry), (co-)supervise PhD, master and bachelor students in their research, publish or contribute to publications in leading journals and conference proceedings in your field and contribute as expert in the acquisition of new projects.
Computer Science at TU Delft is organized into two departments, Intelligent Systems and Software Technology, and addresses a plethora of scientific challenges related to the ongoing data- and AI-induced transformation of the society. We strive towards scientific excellence in the core computer science disciplines as well as in interdisciplinary research in our target societal sectors to help maximize the positive impact of this transformation on the society while mitigating the risks. To that end, we have organized our research into five broad themes: Decision support, data management and analysis, software systems engineering, networked and distributed systems, and security & privacy. We aspire to train the next generation of responsible engineers in computer sciences. To achieve this we provide rigorous, research-inspired engineering education in computer science to meet the increasing societal demand for socially responsible CS engineers and to help the CS education of all engineers. We also strive towards contributing to an international academic culture that is open, diverse and inclusive, and that offers openly available knowledge.
In this position, the emphasis is on providing, renewing and developing high-quality, cutting-edge education within computer science. As we value a tight connection between research and education, your expertise will be deployed in specific teaching activities and you are encouraged to conduct research in line with your ambitions. We welcome applications in any of our five research themes.
- You have a PhD degree in computer science.
- You are a passionate and dynamic teacher and have achieved impressive results in the field of education.
- You are enthusiastic about, and have knowledge of and experience with, didactic innovations in education.
- You realise such innovations with creativity. You are collegial and communicative and have management and leadership skills that enable you to grow into management positions within the educational organisation of TU Delft.
- Your research expertise fits in with one of the research departments of Computer Science: Intelligent Systems or Software Technology.
The vacancies are at the level of assistant professor or associate professor, depending on background, experience and leadership(potential). TU Delft facilitates and encourages academic careers with an emphasis on education. Successful development along this career line leads assistant professors (Tenure track) to the level of associate professor and may lead to further promotion to the level of full professor. For strong candidates, a shortened tenure track period is considered.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- The salary for an assistant professor position is min. €3.807 to max. €5.922 per month gross (salary scale 11-12).
- For an associate professor position different terms of employment apply. Depending on background and experience, the salary can range from min. € 5.275 to max. €7.054 per month gross (salary scale 13-14).
- Besides the salary you also receive an annual holiday payment of 8% and an end of year bonus payment of 8.3%.
- The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. You can find more information via Why work at TU Delft.
- For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service for international employees and their partners to assist you with your relocation. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
- Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. We expect you to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) within three years if you have less than five years of teaching experience. This is provided by the TU Delft UTQ programme.
- TU Delft sets high standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency. If you do not speak Dutch, we offer courses to learn the Dutch language within three years.
For information about the application procedure, please contact HR adviser Karin Reijenga.