Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam - Den Haag
Assistant/Associate Professor in Comprehensive Recycling of Materials
The increased complexity of materials such as coatings, hybrid and composites, as well as sophisticated alloys make the materials recycling very challenging. …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3514 - € 6738 per maand
The increased complexity of materials such as coatings, hybrid and composites, as well as sophisticated alloys make the materials recycling very challenging. Materials recyclability is essential for materials sustainability and the promotion of a circular economy. Within the department of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) we offer a tenure track position for comprehensive recycling and re-use of materials, in order to strengthen our portfolio of materials recyclability and sustainability. Functional recycling, i.e. the recycling of materials for re-use in the same function, is of considerable interest. Integration of comprehensive recycling into the materials design will contribute greatly to the materials sustainability and circular economy.
In this position you will focus on the development of a comprehensive recyclability index for complex materials such as hybrids and composites and the technology for cost-efficient metallurgical recycling of all the valuable elements to their virgin quality without compromising the environment. This will be closely linked to the development of innovative strategies that integrate the recycling notion into material design, production and use in the product. You will complement existing expertise within MSE, and strengthen the departmental portfolio for the whole materials cycle. You will maintain active, strong, and fruitful connections with existing research and teaching in the area of materials recycling and sustainability development. For that reason you will also work closely with other departments (Cognitive Robotics, Maritime & Transport Technology, Biomechanical Engineering, Process & Energy) within the faculty to promote sustainable design of machines and products, as well as processes, with the strategy of “design for recyclability and sustainability”. You work on developing your own research field, leading to playing a leading role within this field in collaboration with other universities, research institutes, industry and other departments of the 3mE faculty;
Teaching of materials recycling at master level and supervision of bachelors, masters and PhD students are important part of the job. You will be responsible for acquiring research funding in the field of materials recycling from Dutch government and industry as well as at EU level. Furthermore, extensive use of various materials characterization techniques and development of research labs together with the existing scientific staff within MSE will be an integral part of your responsibilities.
We are interested in candidates with the following qualifications:
- PhD in Materials Science and Engineering, Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field;sound knowledge in materials and metals recycling and refining;
- Strong track record in scientific research, as evident from papers in international and peer-reviewed journals;
- Post-doctoral research experience, also outside the Netherlands; industrial experience in metals or materials recycling and knowledge in physical separation technologies will be an advantage;
- Skills in both experimental research and modelling and simulation of metallurgical and recycling processes are important. Practical experience in metallurgical recycling (high temperature processing, hydrometallurgy and electrochemistry) and chemical separation technology as well as skills in materials characterization for metallic and composite materials are essential.
- Potential to take project ownership, including management skills;
- Strong analytical skills and ability/interest to work at the intersection of several research domains;
- Experience and strong commitment to excellence in teaching; experience in the supervision of bachelor and master students and preferably in (co-)supervision of PhD students;
- Good communication skills, teamplayer; an inspiring contribution to students and colleagues within and outside the department.
At the start of the tenure-track you will be appointed as Assistant Professor for the duration of six years. Group leader, department leaders and you will agree upon expected performance and (soft) skills. You will receive formal feedback on performance and skills during annual assessment meetings and the mid-term evaluation. If the performance and skills are evaluated positively at the end of the tenure track, you will be appointed in a permanent Assistant Professor position. However, depending on the qualifications of the candidate, a level of associate professor can also be offered directly at the beginning of the employment.
For more information please visit www.tudelft.nl/tenuretrack.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency. Inspiring, excellent education is one of our central aims. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.
‘TU Delft creates equal opportunities and encourages women to apply’
For information about this position you can contact Associate Professor Dr. Yongxiang Yang, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Hilma Bleeker, HR advisor, email: email@example.com.
To apply, please send:
- a detailed CV;
- motivation letter;
- a research and teaching statement;
- electronic copies of your top three publications;
- contact data of at least three references.
All documents should be combined to a single pdf file. Applications can be submitted by e-mail to application-3mE@tudelft.nl .
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature