Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Assistant/Associate Professor in Economics
The section Economics of Technology and Innovation (ETI) is looking for ambitious economists who are willing to work on and develop an academic career path in a vibrant academic community at TU Delft as a world leading engineering university.
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
The section Economics of Technology and Innovation (ETI) offers positions for economists at the level of assistant professor (Tenure Track) and/or associate professor. The successful candidates are expected to perform academic research and contribute to a research team in economics applied to technological systems and infrastructures such as for example energy, health, water management, artificial intelligence and/or robotization. The successful candidates will also be involved in teaching activities of the ETI section.
The section Economics of Technology and Innovation (ETI) plays an increasingly important role in research on economics and management of technology and innovation worldwide. The research of the ETI section covers a broad spectrum ranging from investigating economics of innovation processes in organisations to technology development in socio-technical systems as well as empirical analysis on innovation performances at the macro-level. These research themes are funded through e.g. the Dutch Research Council (NWO), the European Framework Programs such as H2020 and private and public parties. The section also has a link with the Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Centre for Frugal Innovations aimed at technology and innovation development in emerging economies.
The teaching activities of ETI are in the bachelor program and the three master programs of the TPM faculty as well as in other engineering programs at Delft University of Technology. For more information see: ETI education.
We are looking for ambitious academic economists that are expected to:
- Perform and publish research in high quality academic journals
- Contribute to a research team in the field of economics with an application to technological systems and infrastructures
- Attract externally funded research projects
- Teach Master and Bachelor courses on economics.
- Supervise BSc-, MSc- and PhD students
- Perform management tasks in the section ETI
The candidate should have:
- A PhD degree in economics
- Track record in academic research demonstrated by publications in internationally renowned academic journals (required for associate professorship applicants, desirable for Tenure Track position applicants)
- Track record of applying quantitative empirical methods and modelling in economics
- Demonstrated track record on attracting externally funded research projects (required for associate professorship applicants; desired for Tenure Track position applicants)
- Experience with academic teaching
- Willingness to work in teams and in a multidisciplinary environment
- A UTQ degree (University Teaching Qualification) or willingness to obtain this degree.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Command of the Dutch language is desirable, or a willingness to develop this, with support from the university.
Conditions of Tenure Track employment (in case of an assistant professor position)
A tenure-track position is offered for six years. A Tenure Track offers young, talented academics a clear and attractive career path. Based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment, a decision will be made by the fifth year whether to offer you a permanent faculty position. For more information about the Tenure Track and the personal development programme, please visit tenure track at TU Delft
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice can support with advice for you and your accompanying partner about your individual settling needs in the Netherlands. Once arrived you can be supported with individual consults and diverse workshops. Located on Campus are the International Children’s Centre and an international primary school, which are subject to availability as well as several bilingual schools in the nearby surrounding.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
The TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency. Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of teaching experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, you get the chance to obtain this within three years.
- Fulltime, salary scale 11-12: € 3.746.- to € 5.826,- per month gross (assistant professor position)
- Salary scale 13-14 € 5.190,- to € 6.940,- per month gross (associate professor position)
- Intended starting date: September 1st 2021 - January 1st, 2022
For more information about this position, please contact: prof.dr. C.P. van Beers (email@example.com) or Dr. A.F Correlje (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about the selection procedure, please contact Ms A. van Vianen, HR advisor, email: email@example.com