Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant/Associate Professor in Machine Perception for Intelligent Vehicles
We seek to fill a faculty position in the area of machine perception for intelligent vehicles at the level of Assistant Professor (tenure-track) or Associate …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
We seek to fill a faculty position in the area of machine perception for intelligent vehicles at the level of Assistant Professor (tenure-track) or Associate Professor (tenured). The position covers environment perception and localization & mapping for intelligent vehicles and mobile robots, in complex environments (e.g. urban traffic). Specific topics of interest include:
- 2D/3D Object detection;
- 2D/3D Semantic scene analysis;
- Multi-target tracking;
- Localization and mapping;
- Deep learning for perception;
- Unsupervised/semi/self-supervised learning, domain adaptation, data augmentation;
- Multi-modal sensor processing (e.g. vision, radar, LiDAR, GNSS/INS);
- Temporal data processing;
- Distributed sensing (e.g. vehicle- and infrastructure-based);
- Datasets and benchmarking.
The mission of the Cognitive Robotics (CoR) department at TU Delft is to develop intelligent robots and vehicles that will advance mobility, productivity and quality of life. The CoR department combines fundamental research with experimental work on physical demonstrators in areas such as self-driving vehicles, collaborative industrial robots, mobile manipulators and haptic interfaces. Of special interest are robotic solutions for complex, human-inhabited environments. Collaborations exist with cross-faculty institutes (TU Delft Robotics Institute and TU Delft Transport Institute), the national robotic ecosystem (RoboValley, Holland Robotics) and international academia and industry. Within the CoR department, the Intelligent Vehicles group covers the spectrum of machine perception, dynamics & control and human factors for automated driving.
The successful candidate should have:
- a PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline. Experience in intelligent vehicles and/or robotics is a plus;
- experience as a Postdoc / Assistant Professor (or equivalent industry R&D experience);
- excellent track record in scientific research, as evident from publications in top-tier conferences and journals;
- ability to provide inspiring teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels (in English);
- ability and motivation to establish an own research direction within an interdisciplinary environment;
- organizational and managerial skills to interact and cooperate effectively with staff and other research institutes and organizations, including industry;
- proven ability in the acquisition of external funding (for Associate Professor level).
A tenure track position is offered for a maximum of six years. Tenure Track is a process leading up to a permanent appointment with the prospect of becoming an Associate Professor. During the Tenure Track, you will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally acknowledged and recognized academic. To support that, we offer a structured career and personal development program, which accounts for individual needs and preferences. For more information about the tenure track and the personal development program, please visit www.tudelft.nl/tenuretrack.
Based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment, a decision will be made at the end of the fifth year whether to offer you a permanent faculty position. The salary for a Tenure Track (Assistant Professor) position is min. €3.637 to max. €5.656 per month gross. For exceptionally strong candidates, a shortened tenure track period or Associate Professor position can be considered. Starting salary is based on level of knowledge and (postdoctoral) experience. All salaries mentioned are based on full time contracts.
The TU Delft offers a customizable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. The TU Delft offers trainings to improve English and Dutch language competencies. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
TU Delft creates equal opportunities and encourages women to apply.
For more information about this position, please contact Prof. D.M. Gavrila, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about the application procedure, please contact Hilma Bleeker, email: application-3mE@tudelft.nl.