1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Assistant/Associate Professor in Programming Languages
We are seeking to strengthen the Programming Languages research group with an ambitious and enthusiastic assistant or associate professor. The successful …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 3389 - € 5656 per maand
We are seeking to strengthen the Programming Languages research group with an ambitious and enthusiastic assistant or associate professor. The successful candidate is expected to contribute significantly to the research portfolio of the Programming Languages research group and is encouraged to develop their own research line in a viable and promising subfield of programming languages. We welcome applications from candidates in all subfields of programming languages, but we are particularly interested in the following topics: static and dynamic program analysis, incremental computation, program synthesis, programming systems (e.g. virtual machines and run-time systems), and, probabilistic programming (e.g. programming languages for AI and AI for programming languages).
Responsibilities of the position will include:
● Conducting high impact research in the area of programming languages
● Supervising PhD students and helping them to become top researchers in programming languages
● Teaching courses on programming and programming languages topics at the bachelor and master’s level in the TU Delft Computer Science curriculum
● Supervising bachelor and master’s students in their graduation projects
● Acquiring and managing externally funded research projects in programming languages
● Collaborating with industry to ensure that the group's research results have a lasting impact in software development practice
● Strengthening the contacts between the group and industry as well as other international academic institutions
● Taking responsibility for management and committee work within the section and the department
Applicants must have a PhD degree in the broad field of programming languages, a proven track record of research excellence, the ambition to strengthen and expand the research and teaching of the programming languages research group, a team player mentality, and good communication and social skills. Preferably, the successful candidate has experience in teaching at university level.
At the start of the tenure-track you will be appointed as Assistant Professor for the duration of six years. Section leader, department leaders and you will agree upon expected performance and (soft) skills. You will receive formal feedback on performance and skills during annual assessment meetings and the mid-term evaluation. If the performance and skills are evaluated positively at the end of the tenure track, you will be appointed in a permanent Assistant Professor position.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.
For more information about this position, please contact Eelco Visser, Full Professor, phone: +31 (0)15-2787362, e-mail: E.Visser@tudelft.nl