Assistant/Associate Professor Multi-Actor Systems - 6 Positions
The Multi-Actor Systems (MAS) Department is looking to fill six positions. The positions are available at tenure track assistant and associate professor level …
- Jaffalaan, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 6738 per maand
The Multi-Actor Systems (MAS) Department is looking to fill six positions. The positions are available at tenure track assistant and associate professor level depending on the level of excellence of the applicant(s).
We are looking for new colleagues whose ambitions resonate with our MAS “brand”of excellent research, high-quality education and societal impact in the areas of policy analysis, organisations and governance, and systems engineering.
As such, this is an open invitation for you to share your ambitions with us: challenge us with your creative and innovative research, your education ideas and your plans for societal impact. Below are some possible themes we would be keen to further develop with you:
- Simulation gaming with (and for) policy makers and citizens
- Policy analysis and design for change and disruption
- Multi- and participatory modelling for decision makers
- Governance of transitions with institutional voids
- Artificial intelligence for achieving the SDGs
- Climate adaptation and urbanizing deltas
- Computational social science
- Design of interventions in complex systems
In filling these positions, we are looking for candidates who can contribute to our department’s education in our main Master programmes:
- Engineering and Policy Analysis (EPA)
- Complex Systems Engineering and Management (CoSEM)
as well as to core courses in the Bachelor ‘Technische Bestuurskunde’, such as:
- Organisation and Management
- Law and Governance
- Problem Analysis and Analysis of Multi-Actor Systems
- Systems Modeling
or other educational activities such as supervision and tutoring of students. While your willingness to contribute to our education is essential, teaching experience in the above portfolio is not a necessary requirement.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- A clear vision on how you will contribute to the research and education agenda of MAS;
- Good didactic qualities and teaching experience;
- Research experience, strong analytical skills and network;
- Excellent scientific credentials (i.e. a PhD title and preferably experience as a postdoc) with high-quality scientific publications;
- Interest and experience to work with stakeholders to address real-world problems of great importance to society;
- Experience in attracting external funding is a plus;
- Excellent command of English. If the candidate is not proficient in Dutch, a basic level must be acquired within two years (support will be provided);
- Motivated to work in an interdisciplinary environment, and eager to collaborate with colleagues from the other TPM departments and other TU Delft faculties.
Successful candidates will be offered a Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming associate professor. After a maximum of 5 years the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, you will receive a tailor-made career proposal.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution.
Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact prof. dr. Bartel Van de Walle,Head of the Department, email: B.A.vandeWalle@tudelft.nl, tel: +31152785190.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Olivie Beek, HR Advisor, email: vacature-TBM@tudelft.nl.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature