Assistant/Associate Professor (tenure track) in Dynamics of Multibody systems
TU Delft has an (0.8 – 1.0 fte) academic vacancy at the faculty of mechanical maritime and materials engineering (3mE) in the department of …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 6738 per maand
TU Delft has an (0.8 – 1.0 fte) academic vacancy at the faculty of mechanical maritime and materials engineering (3mE) in the department of biomechanical engineering, specifically in the laboratory for bicycle dynamics and control. The bicycle dynamics labs covers the full range of cycling applications, including consumer cycling and cargo bicycles, but also sports applications such as track cycling, road cycling and BMX. We are looking for an internationally oriented candidate with an excellent research record and educational skills within the field of multibody dynamics.
- Your research will focus on the dynamics and control of single-track vehicles.
- You are able to acquire competitive funding, both project-based government funding as well as industrial funding.
- You develop international partnerships around your research program, both within the academic world and with non-academic partners (industry and non-profit sector).
- You strengthen existing research lines and bring additional expertise.
- You initiate and support goal-oriented scientific research activities that result in PhDs and publications that meet international standards and lead to broad international recognition.
- You provide high-quality education for both bachelor and master students in the field of dynamics of mechanical system in general.
- You show a clear commitment to the quality of courses on dynamics throughout the whole curriculum of the faculty of 3mE.
- You contribute to the faculty’s and the university’s pedagogical mission through the supervision of student projects (for example bachelor’s and master’s theses) and by acting as a supervisor of PhD students.
- You are expected to use and introduce innovative methods and techniques in teaching in order to cope with large classes and to obtain high success rates.
- Your teaching duties are negotiated in agreement and are based on your specific profile. The scope is limited in the first years of your appointment. All professors are expected to teach also undergraduate courses. In your further career, the faculty will also pay a great deal of attention to the balance between research and teaching time.
- You are prepared to provide services to the scientific community, to society and to the university in function of the needs and your personal interests.
- You maintain close contact with non-profit organizations and companies in the domains of health, learning, arts and/or entertainment.
- You play an active part in promoting the TU Delft, in particular the faculty of 3mE, towards new students and the wider professional field by participating in open days, networking and events.
- You have a degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent.
- You have a strong research track record in the discipline of multibody dynamics, with applications to single-track vehicles, evidenced by your publications and / or by your research experience in industry. Preferably, you have contributed to the valorisation of research in industry and/or in society. International experience is an important advantage.
- You have experience in running a lab, setting up experiments, and using modern data acquisition equipment.
- You have teaching experience in dynamics of mechanical systems on the bachelor and the master level.
- You like to create and innovate, to organise and collaborate in a university context, together with stakeholders.
- You are a good communicator. You show enthusiasm, empathy, commitment and passion.
- You can inspire and motivate other people, you can coach and delegate, and know how to deal with diversity.
- A good command of English is required. TU Delft provides master courses in the English language.
- The bachelor courses at TU Delft are all in the Dutch language. If you do not speak Dutch (or do not speak it well) at the start of your employment, TU Delft will provide language training to enable you to take part in meetings.
- Before teaching courses in Dutch or English, you will be given the opportunity to learn Dutch resp. English to the required standard.
A tenure track position is offered for a maximum of six years. Tenure Track is a process leading up to a permanent appointment with the prospect of becoming an Associate Professor. During the Tenure Track, you will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally acknowledged and recognized academic. To support that, we offer a structured career and personal development programme, which accounts for individual needs and preferences. For more information about the tenure track and the personal development program, please visit www.tudelft.nl/tenuretrack.
Based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment, a decision will be made at the end of the fifth year whether to offer you a permanent faculty position.
The salary for a Tenure Track (Assistant Professor) position is min. €3.637 to max. €5.656 per month gross. For exceptionally strong candidates, a shortened tenure track period or Associate Professor position can be considered. For an Associate Professor position different terms of employment apply. Depending on background and experience, the salary can range from min. €5.039 to max. €6.738 per month gross. All salaries mentioned are based on full time contracts.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. The TU Delft offers trainings to improve English and Dutch language competencies. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
TU Delft creates equal opportunities and encourages women to apply.
For more information about this position, please contact Prof. DirkJan Veeger, department chair and professor in Musculoskeletal Biomechanics, phone: +31 (0)15-2789530, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about the selection procedure, please contact Nathalie van Benthem, HR advisor, email: application-3mE@tudelft.nl.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature