De faculteit Recht, Economie, Bestuur en Organisatie van de Universiteit Utrecht zoekt een Hoogleraar Staatsrecht. Bent u geïnteresseerd in deze baan? Lees dan…
Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure Track) in X-ray Analysis of Materials in Art and Archaeology
We are seeking an inspiring and ambitious colleague with a strong background in X-ray-based materials analysis, such as XRF, XRD or X-ray tomography. You are …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 6438 per maand
We are seeking an inspiring and ambitious colleague with a strong background in X-ray-based materials analysis, such as XRF, XRD or X-ray tomography. You are expected to augment the departmental analytical expertise as a whole, but should also have (or develop) a research affinity with objects from cultural heritage. Experience in combining the sciences with the humanities is desirable. Along with academic freedom to develop your field of expertise, this tenure-track position includes the responsibility for research, education, funding and organizational aspects.
A PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or a closely related field;
• A strong academic record both in research and education;
• Interest in cultural heritage and proven ability to interact across disciplinary domains;
• Ability to take project ownership and to develop his/her own field of research;
• Ability to write grant proposals, for both EU and Dutch funding programs;
• Ability to advance the research field in collaboration with other universities, research institutes, industry, and museums;
• If not already in command of the language, willingness to learn Dutch.
At the start of the Tenure Track you will be appointed for the duration of six years. Group leader, department leaders and you will agree upon expected performance and (soft) skills. You will receive formal feedback on performance and skills during annual assessment meetings and the mid-term evaluation. If the performance and skills are evaluated positively at the end of the tenure Track, you will be appointed in a permanent position. TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Coming to Delft Services & Partner Career Advice offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency. Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.