Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Universiteit van Tilburg - Tilburg
Assistant or Associate Professor in Smart Hybrid Composites
We expect you to : Develop, conduct and supervise high-quality academic research; Inspire our BSc, MSc and PhD students through teaching …
- Kluyverweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 6738 per maand
We expect you to :
- Develop, conduct and supervise high-quality academic research;
- Inspire our BSc, MSc and PhD students through teaching and supervision;
- Collaborate with specialists in academia, research centres and industry in multidisciplinary projects;
- Transfer theory to innovative technology;
- Secure external funding for research projects;
- Be an inspiring contribution to our ASM staff and take part in its overall functioning.
In return, you may expect from us that we will support and coach you in setting up your research and educational profile and in building your academic and industrial network. We will offer you our excellent research facilities and our help in expanding them to accommodate the needs following from your new research lines.
Candidates are expected to be, or be on their way to becoming, authorities in their own (sub-)field of research, For the overall balance in the department, we especially welcome applications from female scientists, or applicants from so-called minorities.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- A PhD degree in Materials Science with an affinity for the synthesis of new materials and composites.
- Experience with measurement techniques to analyze materials with respect to crystal structure, microstructure and electrical- and mechanical properties.
- Additional professional expertise acquired via one or more suitable post-doc positions or positions of comparable level in industry or elsewhere.
- Experience in working in the field of materials research with realistic applications, preferably in the field of Aerospace Engineering.
- An excellent track record in scientific research, as evident from papers peer-reviewed journals and presentations at international conferences.
- A high degree of scientific independence and self-propelling power
- A real interest in and commitment to the personal development of the students and junior researchers working with you
- Experience in teaching at undergraduate level or a wish to develop that skill (within 3 years after appointment)
- Good communication skills and a natural fit to the (international) culture as encountered in a technical university
- The rare ability to be a team player and a team leader at the same time.
A tenure-track position is offered for six years. Based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment, a decision will be made by the fifth year whether to offer you a permanent faculty position. For circumstances as having children or parental leave during the tenure track, it is possible to delay the definitive assessment and extend the Tenure Track appointment to a maximum of 8 years.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice can support with advice for you and your accompanying partner about your individual settling needs in the Netherlands. Once arrived you can be supported with individual consults and diverse workshops. Located on campus are the International Children’s Centre and an international primary school which are subject to availability as well as several bilingual schools in the nearby surrounding. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. You will have 232 hours of paid leave each year and in addition to your salary, at TU Delft you will receive an annual holiday allowance of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% of your salary. The TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, you get the chance to obtain this within three years.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Pim Groen,Prof, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 15 27 81607.