Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant Professor / Associate Professor in Urban Water Infrastructure (Tenure Track)
The Department of Water Management is actively looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic (Tenure-Track) Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in the …
- Stevinweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 6133 per maand
The Department of Water Management is actively looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic (Tenure-Track) Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in the field of Urban Water Infrastructure to contribute to our research, education and other activities, starting in 2019. The key job responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
- Research: Delivering high quality, internationally leading research in the field of urban water infrastructure. The potential research areas include, but are not limited to, adaptation of water and/or urban drainage infrastructure to climate change, circular economy, water-energy-food nexus, smart water systems technology, as well as water quality management and asset management. (Co-)supervising PhD and MSc students and bringing them to a successful completion and disseminating research outcomes effectively via internationally leading journals and conferences.
- Education: Organizing, initiating and contributing to the development and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses (the latter in our MSc‐track Water Management). Supervising BSc and MSc students, preparing and assessing student projects, assignments and exam papers and sharing the workload in the group.
- Valorization: Initiating projects and obtaining funding for new research and/or education projects. We encourage proactive engagement with both government and private sectors, i.e. industry, business and community partners to deliver the impact.
- Organization: Contributing to organizational / administrative activities and committees within the Department of Water Management and the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences.
The successful candidate: (i) holds a PhD or equivalent degree in engineering or science; (ii) has proven ability to deliver high quality research as evidenced in the publications record; (iii) possess a good understanding of the higher education environment including diversity and inclusion values; (iv) has the capacity to communicate effectively with peers, students and stakeholders.
Additionally, Associate Professor applicants (v) have a proven track record in acquiring and managing research (and/or scholarship) funding; (vi) have recognised experience in delivering academic courses and/or course programs for engineering professionals that is well received by students; (vii) has a proven ability to attract and/or supervise PhD and other research students;
Please see https://www.tudelft.nl/en/about-tu-delft/working-at-tu-delft/ for further information about working at TU Delft.
At the start of the tenure-track you will be appointed as Assistant or Associate Professor for the duration of six years. Your section leader, department leaders and you will agree upon expected performance and (soft) skills. You will receive formal feedback on performance and skills during annual assessment meetings and the mid-term evaluation. If the performance and skills are evaluated positively at the end of the tenure track, you will be appointed in a permanent Assistant or Associate Professor position.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.
For more information about this vacancy, you can contact Prof. Zoran Kapelan, Chair in Urban Water Infrastructure, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 (0)15 2788578.
To apply, please e-mail a detailed CV, clear statements addressing the requirements, a list of publications, three references and a letter of application by 1 February 2019 to Recruitment-CiTG@tudelft.nl.
Please e-mail all your application information in one single PDF entitled Lastname_CITG18-56.pdf.