Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) Astrodynamics and Space missions
At the Section Astrodynamics and Space missions we are offering a tenure track position at the level of assistant professor specialising in astrodynamics. The …
- Kluyverweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
At the Section Astrodynamics and Space missions we are offering a tenure track position at the level of assistant professor specialising in astrodynamics. The Assistant Professor will be able to further develop existing research in the fields of trajectory design, optimization and/or determination. This can be, for example, GNSS-based precise orbit determination of Earth-bound satellites, DSN and VLBI based orbit determination of planetary missions, design and optimization of low-thrust trajectories for solar system missions, etc. In addition, the Assistant Professor will support the use, maintenance and development of our astrodynamics toolbox TuDat. As the section is involved in several current and future Earth observation and solar system missions (e.g. ESA's Swarm, CryoSat-2, JUICE, EU Copernicus Sentinels), this offers the opportunity to closely interact with colleagues within the section and a broad international network of institutes, universities, space agencies and industry. It also offers interesting opportunities for conducting research that has high societal relevance giving possibilities for funding. In addition to research, the position comprises an equal amount of education, including teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels and supervising MSc and PhD students. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and professional experience.
A Tenure Track, a process leading up to a permanent appointment with the prospect of becoming an Associate or full Professor, offers young, talented academics a clear and attractive career path. During the Tenure Track, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally acknowledged and recognised academic. We offer a structured career and personal development programme designed to offer individual academics as much support as possible. For more information about the Tenure Track and the personal development programme, please visit www.tudelft.nl/tenuretrack.
The candidate must have:
- a PhD degree in a relevant research area;
- an excellent publication record that demonstrates research in the fields of trajectory design, optimization and/or determination;
- the capability to deliver high-quality teaching at university level, preferably including demonstrated capability to define thesis topics and supervise MSc students;
- the ability to initiate, propose and direct research projects demonstrated by obtained external funding (reflective of/appropriate to their career stage) and supervise students;
- excellent (C++) programming skills and experience in developing astrodynamics software suites and toolboxes;
- an international profile with an active international network of scientific contacts.
- excellent communication and soft skills;
- are open minded and team players.
A tenure-track position is offered for six years. Based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment, a decision will be made by the fifth year whether to offer you a permanent faculty position. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency. Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact P.N.A.M. Visser, Chair of Astrodynamics and Space Missions, email: email@example.com, tel: +31 (0)15-2782595.