1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor (tenure track) Design-Oriented Public Administration
The Department of Multi-Actor Systems (MAS) combines engineering and social science to better understand the dynamics and behavior of large-scale technical …
- Jaffalaan, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
The Department of Multi-Actor Systems (MAS) combines engineering and social science to better understand the dynamics and behavior of large-scale technical systems and develop effective policies for them. It comprises around 35 tenured faculty members and around 35 postdocs and PhDs. A significant amount of the research is devoted to specific domain-related research, in fields such as energy, water, transport, internet-related technologies. The staff also teaches in bachelor and master programs.
The section of Organisation & Governance (O&G) is a vibrant international, interdisciplinary group of about 20 tenured faculty members and about 20 non-tenured. We focus on the analysis and design of processes of governance and decision-making of wicked problems in technologically complex environments. In our research and education, we concentrate on the analysis and design of decision-making processes and institutions with regard to real-life complexity, often in close cooperation with our colleagues focusing on modeling and simulating complex systems. The O&G-section hosts expertise on framing, governance of cybersecurity, regulation, policy, organisation, management, and decision-making. The group features strong skills in various qualitative and quantitative research approaches.
At the Organisation & Governance (O&G) section we are looking for an assistant professor (tenure track) to strengthen the science of public administration and governance in our research and educational programmes, with a specific focus on design and providing an action perspective to rigorous social science.
- Build and expand your own research profile related to the role of public governance in relationship to the technical or physical systems and innovations studied at TPM and TU Delft.
- Strenghthen our tradition of empirical research into design-oriented public governance, which includes the design of institutions and governance models.
- Teach, manage and develop courses at Bachelor (in Dutch) and Master (in English) levels with a focus on public administration, governance, regulation, decision-making, and organisation both within our public administration courses and in engineering and technology-oriented curricula
- Supervise MSc and PhD-students.
- The candidate is expected to be able to independently acquire new research funding in a relatively short time.
The candidate should:
- Be a team player and able to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary context.
- Have an affinity for the interplay between public administration / governance and technology / innovation.
- Have demonstrated experience with development and delivery of teaching at the BSc and/or MSc level.
- Hold a PhD in public management/administration, organisation, or related discipline.
- Excellent command of Dutch and English is required. If the candidate is not procifient in Dutch, this must be acquired within two years.
- Have a vision on research and education, and on the role of the candidate therein
- Demonstrate a promising international scientific network and publishing record in international refereed journals.
- Be able to acquire and work in funded research projects.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.