Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant Professor (tenure-track) in Urban Studies
The successful candidate will join the newly established Urban Studies group at the department of Urbanism. The group investigates people-place relationships …
- Julianalaan, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
The successful candidate will join the newly established Urban Studies group at the department of Urbanism. The group investigates people-place relationships at different spatial scales, in an interdisciplinary and international setting. This new post is an exciting opportunity to co-develop and contribute to the new teaching and research program in Urban Studies. The candidate is expected to set up an independent research line within the research programme of Urban Studies and to establish links with urban design. The candidate is also expected to supervise PhD students, and publish research in high-impact peer reviewed journals. The successful candidate will actively acquire funding (from national and European Research Councils, Horizon 2020, or comparable) for research projects and lead and carry out collaborative projects with colleagues. The candidate will contribute to the teaching programme of the faculty, develop own teaching material and courses, supervise students on all levels of university education, and acquire University Teaching Qualifications within an agreed period. For the overall balance in the group, we especially welcome applications from female academics.
The successful candidate for this position has:
- A PhD in the social or spatial sciences, for example geography, (urban)sociology, criminology, or other relevant spatially aware disciplines.
- A strong international profile, evidenced by international work experience and network.
- A track record as researcher within the theme of Urban Studies, evidenced by a strong list of internationally peer-reviewed publications and contributions to books.
- Experience in the management of research projects and grant proposal writing.
- Strong quantitative research skills and proven experience with analysing large longitudinal (big)datasets using advanced statistical techniques.
- Experience with teaching within the theme of Urban Studies (preferably with a strong connection to urban design) and the ambition to acquire University Teaching Qualifications within a short period of time.
- Experience in supervising students and PhD students and the ability to motivate students.
- A demonstrated proficiency in the written and spoken use of the English language as well as the willingness to learn Dutch, and good presentation and communication skills.
TU Delft creates equal opportunities and encourages women to apply.
A tenure-track position is offered for six years. Based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment, a decision will be made by the fifth year on whether to offer you a permanent faculty position. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. Candidates who do not speak Dutch are expected to have Dutch language skills within three years. The TU Delft offers training to learn Dutch or/and improve English competency. Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Professor Maarten van Ham, Head of the Urban Studies group, email: firstname.lastname@example.org , tel: 0031 (0)15 2782782.