1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) of Space Systems
At the Section of Space Systems Engineering, we are offering two tenure-track positions at the level of Assistant Professor specialising in Distributed Space …
- Kluyverweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
At the Section of Space Systems Engineering, we are offering two tenure-track positions at the level of Assistant Professor specialising in Distributed Space Systems (DSS). The Assistant Professor will be able to develop existing research further and to bring in new topics within DSS which have a clear societal relevance and offer attractive valorisation opportunities. This can be, for example, Intersatellite Laser Communications or Distributed Instruments. As the Section also is developing highly miniaturized satellites, this provides the opportunity to integrate novel research in real space missions and closely interact with a team of researchers, engineers and students. The research will allow us to strengthen and extend relationships with industry, knowledge institutes and agencies. The quality of research will be competitive on the level of European research programmes. In addition to research, the position comprises an equal amount of education, including teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels and supervising MSc and PhD students. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and professional experience.
A Tenure Track, a process leading up to a permanent appointment with the prospect of becoming an Associate or full Professor, offers young, talented academics a clear and attractive career path. During the Tenure Track, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally acknowledged and recognised academic. We offer a structured career and personal development programme designed to offer individual academics as much support as possible. For more information about the Tenure Track and the personal development programme, please visit www.tudelft.nl/tenuretrack.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a proven background in space engineering demonstrated by a PhD degree in Aerospace, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or Physics;
- Have a publication record that demonstrates their research in the field of Distributed Space Systems;
- Have an outstanding research record as demonstrated by excellent publications;
- Have the affinity with the engineering of real space systems;
- Have the capability to high-quality teaching at university level;
- Have the ability to initiate and direct research projects demonstrated by obtained external funding and supervised students;
- Have excellent communication and soft skills;
- Are open minded and team players;
- Have an international profile with an active international network of scientific contacts.
A tenure-track position is offered for six years. Based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment, a decision will be made by the fifth year whether to offer you a permanent faculty position. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency. Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.
For information about these vacancies, you can contact; Dr. Jian Guo, Assistant Professor, email; firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +31-15-2785990.