Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) of Space Systems
Future space systems will heavily reply on distributed small satellites. These satellites each have limited capability, but when they fly together the system …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
Future space systems will heavily reply on distributed small satellites. These satellites each have limited capability, but when they fly together the system performance can be enhanced and, in some cases, unprecedented functionalities can be realised. Typical applications of these systems include, for example, formation flying for multi-angle earth observation and interferometry, astronomical observation with long baseline, in-orbit manufacturing, assembly & servicing, and so on. These applications stress the interdisciplinary potential and, in particular, the scientific challenges with regard to distributed space systems and miniaturisation, induced by the complex in-orbit operations of the distributed small satellites.
The Section of Space Systems Engineering (SSE) is dedicated to the broad range of end-to-end spacecraft engineering, with focuses on distributed space systems and miniaturisation. Innovative space technology is developed and used for rapid in-orbit demonstrations based upon the development of highly miniaturised satellites. SSE is also in close cooperation with other research groups of the TU Delft Space Institute, universities worldwide, research institutes, and the space industry. To further strengthen our existing research and educational activities in distributed space systems and miniaturisation, we are looking for an ambitious talent at the tenure-track assistant professor level. The interested research areas can be broad to maintain our multidisciplinary competence and, meanwhile, the successful candidate is expected to build a research portfolio to complement our existing strengths. We especially welcome applicants who have experience of working in space industries, or who are from non-conventional space fields, for example computer sciences, where technologies can benefit distributed space systems and miniaturisation
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a proven background in a science or engineering domain that can contribute to distributed space systems and miniaturisation, demonstrated by a PhD degree in, for example, Aerospace, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or Physics, Computer Sciences, etc.;
- Have a publication record that demonstrates their research in the aforementioned areas;
- Have an outstanding research record as demonstrated by excellent publications;
- Have the affinity with the engineering of real space systems;
- Have the capability to high-quality teaching at university level;
- Have the ability to initiate and direct research projects demonstrated by obtained external funding and supervised students;
- Have excellent communication and soft skills;
- Are open minded and team players;
- Have an international profile with an active international network of scientific contacts.
A tenure-track position is offered for six years. Based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment, a decision will be made by the fifth year whether to offer you a permanent faculty position.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
The TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.
For information about the application procedure, please contact:
Dr. Jian Guo, Associate Professor
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature