1 dag geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Assoc/Asst Professor department Cognitive Robotics
robot motion control, machine learning and control methods for robotics, autonomous navigation, motion planning and control, intelligent transportation, multi-robot systems and reinforcement learning
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 6438 - € 6438 per maand
We are looking for excellent candidates with a proven track record in scientific research, an innovative research vision, and a commitment to education for an Assistant Professor (tenure-track) or Associate Professor (tenured) position.
The opening within the Learning and Autonomous Control group is in the area of Robot motion control. Topics of interest include:
• nonlinear methods for robot motion control
• dexterous (mobile) manipulation and grasping
• robust state estimation
• robust sensor data fusion for control
• design and control of novel actuators
• legged locomotion
• formal methods for robotics
• machine learning for control
• and related topics.
Candidates are expected to be, or be on their way to becoming, authorities in their own field of research, and to complement and enrich the existing research programs in the department. For the overall balance in the department, we especially welcome applications from female scientists. We expect you to:
• Develop, conduct and supervise high-quality academic research in your field;
• Teach general and specialized courses at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, and inspire students through teaching and post-graduate supervision;
• Interact and collaborate with other researchers and specialists in academia and industry within multidisciplinary research projects;
• Bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and the development of new, innovative technologies;
• Establish and execute externally funded research programs;
• Be an inspiring contribution to our staff.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
• PhD degree in Computer Science, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Systems and Control, Artificial Intelligence or related disciplines. Experience in robotics and/or intelligent vehicle technology is an asset;
• Strong analytical skills and ability/interest to work at the intersection of several research domains.
• At least several years of experience as a post-doc/Assistant Professor, and experience outside the Netherlands;
• Excellent track record in scientific research, as evident from papers in international and peer-reviewed journals;
• Proven ability to deal with scientific and engineering challenges in close interaction with industrial partners;
• Proven ability to provide inspiring teaching at both undergraduate and post-graduate levels (in English);
• Organizational and managerial skills to interact and cooperate effectively with staff and other research institutes and organizations;
• Experience in acquisition of external funding;
• High motivation for implementing your own vision within the interdisciplinary environment that CoR offers;
• Team player with the ability to clearly communicate and eager to look for and exploit synergies CoR and its network provides.
Our Tenure Track system offers young, talented academics a clear and attractive career path leading to a permanent appointment with the prospect of becoming an Associate or full Professor. We offer a structured career and personal development program designed to offer individual academics as much support as possible. For more information about the Tenure Track and the personal development program, please visit www.tudelft.nl/tenuretrack.
A tenure-track position is offered for six years. Based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment, a decision will be made by the fifth year whether to offer you a permanent faculty position. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff and offers training to improve English competency.
To apply, please send a detailed CV, motivation letter, a research and teaching statement, electronic copies of your top three publications and contact data of at least three references. Please e-mail your application before 1 April 2018 to Nathalie van Benthem, application-3mE@tudelft.nl.
When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number 3ME18-12.
For more information about this position, please contact Professor Robert Babuska, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delft University of Technology (the TU Delft) is a multifaceted institution offering education and carrying out research in the technical sciences at an internationally recognised level. Education, research and design are strongly oriented towards applicability. The TU Delft develops technologies for future generations, focusing on sustainability, safety and economic vitality. At the TU Delft you will work in an environment where technical sciences and society converge. The TU Delft comprises eight faculties, unique laboratories, research institutes and schools.Faculty Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering - Cognitive Robotics
A main focus of the 3mE faculty at TU Delft is the development of intelligent robotic devices that will advance mobility, productivity and quality of life of people.
The department Cognitive Robotics has the mission to bring robotic solutions in human-inhabited environments. We combine fundamental research with work with physical demonstrators in areas such as self-driving vehicles, collaborative industrial robots, mobile manipulators and haptic interfaces. Strong collaborations exist within cross-faculty institutes (TU Delft Robotics Institute and TU Delft Transport Institute), our national robotic ecosystem (RoboValley, Holland Robotics), international industry and academia.