Ongeveer 17 uur geleden - Stichting Epilepsie Instellingen Nederland (SEIN) - Heemstede
Our research is focused on the development of new hybrid semiconductor-superconductor platforms to enable the application of Majorana bound states for …
- Lorentzweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2640 - € 4852 per maand
Our research is focused on the development of new hybrid semiconductor-superconductor platforms to enable the application of Majorana bound states for topological quantum computing.
Cryogenic measurements - both DC transport and high-frequency - are at the core of our qubit activities. We deal with various types of cryogenic test equipment, as well as custom and COTS RF/DC electronic systems and require extensive electrical characterization of our devices. As a cryo engineer in our lab you will closely work with researchers to design, build, and test new cryogenic components to enable state-of-the-art qubit experiments. Your dedication will make sure that research progresses smoothly, and experiments can be conducted at the highest level.
- PhD in physics or electrical engineering or Master's degree with additional relevant work experience;
- At least three years of experience with operating and maintaining dilution refrigerators;
- Experience with 3D CAD tools such as Inventor or SolidWorks;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Strong team mentality and enthusiasm to work in a diverse, international team.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills:
- Experience with RF test equipment such as spectrum analyzers and vector network analyzers;
- Experience with RF modeling tools such as Sonnet, Microwave Office, or HFSS;
- Experience with PCB design.
This is a full-time position for 38 working hours per week (1 FTE). The position is offered for one year initially with the prospect of extension based on good performance. The salary is based on scale 10 or 11 (dependent on knowledge and experience) with a maximum of € 4852,- gross per month on a fulltime basis.. TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers child care and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position, please contact Prof. Leo Kouwenhoven, e-mail: L.P.Kouwenhoven@tudelft.nl. To apply, please e-mail your CV, a list of publications, and the names and e-mail addresses of at least three references along with a letter of motivation addressed to Prof. dr. ir. Leo Kouwenhoven. Please e-mail the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to vacancy number QuT18-061 in your application.
Screening of the applications will begin on July 20, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. The anticipated starting date is as soon as possible.