3 dagen geleden - Radboud Universiteit (RU) - Nijmegen
The Data Engineer is embedded in the Laboratory and the Section of Applied Geophysics and Petrophysics of the Department of Geoscience & Engineering and …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 38 uur
The Data Engineer is embedded in the Laboratory and the Section of Applied Geophysics and Petrophysics of the Department of Geoscience & Engineering and works in close cooperation with scientific staff, technicians, and the geothermal research manager. Major research facilities connected to EPOS-NL are a geothermal well (to be constructed in 2022) and the Petrophysics Laboratory, where cores from the well will be analysed.
The data engineer will be responsible for the implementation, development and use of data systems and the management of data from TU Delft’s EPOS-NL research facilities, as well as for guidance on data management/analytics strategy for the wider department. The data engineer will contribute to provide the strategic and technical framework for curating data, and for ensuring that the data is useful now and in the future. The candidate is expected to be able to take initiative to advance the quality and use of the data, including providing technical insights and for coordinating data management activities with EPOS partners. A proactive attitude is highly appreciated. We expect the willingness to engage in a team with a wide range of skills and experience, i.e. undertaking various tasks where needed and where opportunities are identified. In particular, we expect a close working relationship with the geothermal research manager.
The candidate should have MSc/PhD level experience in geosciences and/or data science, as well as experience in imaging with microscopic techniques (CT scanners, electron microscopes) is beneficial, as well as a high level of organisational and communication skills.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Devise and implement efficient solutions for data collection, storage and management
- Data curation and management, drafting metadata, data analytics and data presentation (e.g. visualisation of large 3D datasets); knowledge of ‘big data’ techniques is desirable.
- Data sharing and integration of data with 4TU.Research Data and EPOS partners, in line with Open data policies. Establish rules and procedures for secure data transfer, sharing and handling.
- Advising on improvements of data usage in imaging (e.g. CT-scans), combining scientific needs and technical possibilities, striving for optimal exploitation of the data products of CT-scanners (including those at Utrecht University), in conjunction with other laboratory equipment.
- Assist and support staff members in their daily use of data systems. Provide data management/analytics guidance to others and further developing expertise of the department.
- Handle requests for information and data access from project partners and external users.
- Contribute to developing a vision on data management/analytics for the TU Delft laboratory and for geothermal data.
- Collaborating with lab technicians and academics; keeping oversight of EPOS-NL lab activities in order to tailor data strategy, management and technical advice.
- Collaborating with data managers at Utrecht University.
- Fte: 0.8-1.0
- Job: 1 year position, with the possibility of becoming permanent
- A salary according to the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities (salary scale: 10/11), plus 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- An excellent pension scheme via the ABP.
- The possibility to compile an individual employment package every year.
- Discount with health insurers.
- Flexible working week.
- Every year, 232 leave hours (at 38 hours). You can also sell or buy additional leave hours via the individual choice budget.
- Plenty of opportunities for education, training and courses.
- Partially paid parental leave
- Attention for working healthy and energetically with the vitality program.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Auke Barnhoorn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For information about the application procedure, please contact Monique Jongman-Prins (M.J.W.Jongman-Prins@tudelft.nl).