De Graduate School of Communication (GSC) zoekt wegens vertrek van een collega versterking in het team GSC studieadviseurs. Het takenpakket van de …
Educational Software Developers in Computer Science
Web based educational platforms are increasingly important to offer personalized learning, automated feedback, automated grading, peer learning, and online …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
Web based educational platforms are increasingly important to offer personalized learning, automated feedback, automated grading, peer learning, and online collaboration. Our tools go beyond online multiple choice, and support programming exercises, code analysis and code feedback, and online programming exams as well as other (offline) tools to help support the teaching staff. The tools are used for both our online and on-campus courses, and need to scale to thousands of users.
Educational developers are pivotal in understanding student and teacher needs, turning them into working software solutions. Educational developers participate in teaching teams, and ensure that working software is up and running throughout the course.
Educational developers work with a variety of recent technologies, and are expected to rapidly pick up new technologies.
1. Develop user friendly, online learning tools to offer students a smooth learning experience.
2. Develop automated tools for educational tasks to offer teachers a smooth teaching experience.
3. Participate in teaching teams to design, build, and operate the necessary software support.
1. MSc in computer science.
2. Demonstrated interest in teaching, for example as teaching assistant.
3. Experience with modern software development and (web) operations.
4. Ability to translate teacher and student needs into software solutions.
5. Pro-active and creative attitude.
6. Team player with a passion for education.
7. Transparent and effective communication and social skills.
8. Excellent command of English.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact: Prof. dr. Arie van Deursen, Department of Software Technology, email:firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 15 2782486, Prof. dr. ir. Inald Lagendijk, Department of Intelligent Systems, email:email@example.com, tel: +31 15 2783731, Dr. ir. Hans Tonino, Director of Studies, Computer Science, email:firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 15 2785807.
Screening of applications will begin April 3, 2018 and will continue until all required positions are filled. The anticipated starting date for all positions is as soon as possible. Interested applicants are advised to apply as early as possible.To apply, please e-mail a detailed resume and cover letter. Please send your documents to email@example.com and refer to vacancy number EWI2018-21.