Ongeveer 4 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Faculty coordinator for Open, Online & Blended Education
As partner of the academic staff and management you will explore new opportunities for open, online and blended education and make results visible within the faculties and TU Delft.
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 38 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
Open & online education is a new development for many teachers. You as a Faculty coordinator for Open, Online and Blended Education are not only the advocate of open, online and blended education, but you encourage lecturers to explore their possibilities and actively support them in realizing their goals. You are the linking pin for all activities regarding open, online and blended education within the two faculties. In this role, you will partner with the academic staff and management to explore new opportunities for open, online and blended education and make results visible within the faculties and TU Delft. You will closely collaborate with the central Teaching and Learning Services team and the Extension School.
Your tasks include the following:
- advise and stimulate academic staff in their ambitions to develop open, online and blended education by e.g. helping them to identify opportunities for new projects and by actively communicating the possibilities and benefits of open & online education.
- support teachers, in cooperation with the learning developer from the central department of TU Delft, by helping in writing project proposals and by facilitating the building of the new materials once a proposal has been approved.
- coordinate current and new projects at the faculty (planning, monitoring progress and budget). You are the first point of contact and oversee all activities within the faculty regarding open, online and blended education.
- co-organise quality assurance for the online courses of the faculties together with members of the Education and Student affairs teams of the faculties.
- coordinate (re-)runs of online courses.
- translate support needs from course teams into support questions towards the central support team and connect them to the right people and stay involved in the process.
- work independently and interact effectively with various stakeholders at the faculty and in the TU Delft organisation.
- inform and advise the Heads of Education and Student affairs and faculty management of both 3ME and AS on current projects, developments and opportunities at a policy level.
- participate actively in the community of TU Delft faculty coordinators for open, online and blended education.
- collaborate with colleagues of the marketing and communications department for the promotion of courses to learners.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- An academic working and thinking level
- Vision on, experience with and expertise on open, online and blended education in the context of higher education, preferably in education in engineering and science
- Experience with project management and managing multiple stakeholders
- A pragmatic, flexible and solution-oriented attitude
- Strong communication skills both in English and Dutch
- Several years of experience and skills in advising and supporting lecturers and program directors.
This position has an amount of 32-38 working hours per week (0.8-1.0 fte). The offer contains a temporary appointment with the prospect of extension possibilitiest. The salary is based on scale 10 with a maximum of € 4084, - gross per month on a fulltime basis. TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers child care and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position, please contact drs G. Pessers – van Reeuwijk, phone: +31 (0)15-2785451, e-mail: G.Pessers-vanReeuwijk@tudelft.nl. For more information about the selection procedure, please contact drs H.M. Bleeker, phone: +31 (0)15 - 2783514, e-mail: email@example.com. To apply, please e-mail a detailed CV along with a letter of application by June 3rd, 2018 to application-3mE@tudelft.nl. When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number 3mE18-31.