Full Professor in Complex Energy Transitions
The new chair in Complex Energy Transitions is expected to conduct research to address the question: how to model and shape the pathways of the energy …
- Jaffalaan, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 5582 - € 9812 per maand
The new chair in Complex Energy Transitions is expected to conduct research to address the question: how to model and shape the pathways of the energy transition towards a low-carbon future, from a complex systems perspective? Technological as well as institutional aspects, such as: requirements for conversion technologies in the triangle of gas, electricity and heat; network topologies; optimal resource utilization; sector coupling and market designs; policies and regulation, should be taken into account in this field of the research.
The new chair is expected to embrace a leadership role in establishing and intensifying international collaboration between government, industry and academia for strengthening and funding research and education in the field of complex energy transitions.
In the first year of the appointment ca. 30% of time is foreseen to be invested in participating in activities of the EBN (Energy Beheer Nederland) Advisory Group and/or other organizations that are relevant for the Ministry of Economic Affairs, to advise on the energy transition towards secure, affordable, reliable, achievable and sustainable energy systems.
As a start-up the chair will be offered the funding to hire a PhD candidate or a post-doc.
Currently the department is in de process of hiring a tenure track assistant-professor in the field of Energy Transitions, to further strengthen our position in this research area.
Proven excellence in research and teaching in the field of energy systems, a strong quantitative modelling background combined with thorough understanding of decision making processes related to energy transition are strict requirements for this role. Furthermore, the candidate:
- holds a PhD degree in a relevant field of engineering science, such as systems engineering, energy (mechanical) engineering, chemical engineering, or electrical engineering;
- has proven research experience and/or demonstrable affinity with the integrated socio-technological systems approach to energy systems and its modeling;
- has proven experience in acquiring research funding;
- has a multidisciplinary research attitude and a firm track record in multidisciplinary research collaboration;
- has demonstrable experience in initiating and managing research programs;
- is an excellent communicator, able to communicate research results to the professional community as well as to the general and laymen public;
- is a good teacher who inspires undergraduate students, graduate students and professionals alike, and has experience in supervising PhD research projects;
- has ample contacts in relevant circles of public policy makers and private business leaders.
The group is proud to be gender-balanced; we encourage female candidates to apply.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
If desirable Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice can support with advice for you and your accompanying partner about your individual settling needs in the Netherlands. Once arrived you can be supported with individual consults and diverse workshops.
Located on Campus are the International Children’s Centre and an international primary school which are subject to availability as well as several bilingual schools in the nearby surrounding. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
The TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of teaching experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, you get the chance to obtain this within three years.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Prof.dr.ir. Zofia Lukszo, email: Z.Lukszo@tudelft.nl, tel: +31(0)152782727