Full Professor in Wind Energy Technology
The Professor is expected to develop research into technology which underpins modern and future wind turbines as part of the Wind Energy Section and in …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5441 - € 7921 per maand
The Professor is expected to develop research into technology which underpins modern and future wind turbines as part of the Wind Energy Section and in partnership with DUWIND research groups by performing pioneering research, publishing, extending the existing research network and acquiring research funds to support PhD students and Post-Doc researchers. In conjunction with other senior academic leaders this Professor will ensure efficient management of the Section. The new Professor will be involved in educational activities and contribute to the Bachelor and Master programs of the faculty. He/She will be responsible for developing and sustaining Wind Energy Technology education with a major focus on the MSc level as well as supervise MSc students and chair MSc thesis committees.
The following qualities are expected of the candidate:
- To have an excellent knowledge of the various disciplines relating to wind energy technology, such as aerodynamics and aero-elasticity of wind turbine rotors, aerodynamics of wind farms, structural response of the turbine, advanced control to optimize power capture and alleviate loading, integrated design, and novel turbine concepts.
- To hold a PhD degree in Science or Engineering and have an outstanding scientific record, demonstrated by high quality publications in a pertinent field.
- To have a proven track record in securing and managing large research grants.
- To be an experienced mentor for early-stage researchers.
- To have a(n) (inter)national network with wind energy R&D and have the ability to stimulate cooperation of DUWIND partners in these developments. A strong network with industry, academia and research organisations is highly valued.
Finally, the candidate should also have a track-record in teaching, through experience with teaching large classes, evidence of high-quality teaching, and being familiar with modern educational tools for teaching, communication, assessment and evaluation of students. Being an inspiring teacher and student supervisor is a must for this position
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.