Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - Open Universiteit - Heerlen
timulate, design, organise, and supervise R&D-activities in TEL within OUNL and in an international environment Manage and coordinate research and …
As team leader/department head of Information Management, you will be responsible for the process of delivering administrative and management information and …
As team leader/department head of Information Management, you will be responsible for the process of delivering administrative and management information and learning analytics to a range of target groups, including the Executive Board, deans, education management, quality assurance officers and lecturers and students. You will also be responsible for the management and development of the team that advises on opportunities for optimising educational processes, for the functional management of central and other administrative and educational applications used in the educational domain. Your team supports ESA process owners/managers with whom you will be responsible for developing efficient processes and manageable solutions that match ESA’s overall information system as well as the overarching TU Delft application landscape. Together with your IM colleagues, you will be responsible for translating the requirements of the process owner/manager (what) into a suitable (IT) solution (how). You will also advise the ESA management team on IT-related issues.
As IM team leader/department head, you will work closely with colleagues within the University Services ICT service department (including Architecture), as well as fellow information managers within the faculties and other TU Delft service departments. This calls for a proactive collaborative attitude and organisational sensitivity.
The position will involve the following activities:
- You will manage colleagues in the Information management team and coordinate their professional development;
- You will manage the process of delivering management information and learning analytics, compile an information management plan annually, and
monitor it’s progress;
- You will be responsible for the effective and efficient functional management of all central educational applications;
- You will advise the ESA management team on any choices to be made concerning IT issues;
- You will contribute to IM department policy development;
- You will ensure that the required business analyses are delivered to ESA process owners/managers, thereby contributing to the achievement of
digital excellence in accordance with the ESA service model;
- You will monitor the cohesion of the application landscape and information management within ESA, ensuring that it matches overall information
management within TU Delft;
- You will serve as the point of contact for the ICT service department on IT-related issues.
We are looking for a department head who excels in providing support in the professional development of information analysts, business analysts and functional managers and has a thorough knowledge of the management of education applications and information provision in a (large) educational institution. Knowledge of recent developments in learning analytics and privacy (GDPR) will be an advantage. You are able to think in terms of processes and to optimally coordinate the information systems and organisational processes from the perspective of students and lecturers.
You are an inspiring manager focused on collaboration, effective at forging links with other service departments and faculties, have strong analytical skills and are decisive and persuasive. You can function as an equal partner and senior advisor for the ESA management team and management team members from other service departments (e.g. ICT) and faculty information managers.
As head of the Information Management department, you will have:
- Experience in a similar position and in managing a team of ICT or other professionals;
- A completed qualification at academic level in information management or a similar programme;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of design methods for ICT systems;
- Good knowledge of ICT applications in an administrative environment;
- Extensive experience in educational logistics.
TU Delft is an international organisation and candidates for this position must have good verbal and written skills in Dutch and English.
The position is for 38 hours (1.0 FTE) a week. This is a one-year appointment with the possibility of renewal. The position is Scale 13 with a maximum gross monthly salary of €5,861 for a full-time appointment. In addition, TU Delft offers an attractive package of fringe benefits, such as a flexible working week, a health insurance discount, and the option to annually set terms and conditions of employment on an individual basis. Furthermore, an International Childcare Centre is located on campus, including childcare facilities, before/after-school care, and an international primary school. Our Dual Career Services department can also assist your partner to join you in Delft. The salary and terms and conditions of employment are based on the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
For specific information about this vacancy, you can contact Timo Kos, ESA director, e-mail: T.Kos@tudelft.nl, or telephone: +31 (0)15 278 1779. For information about the selection procedure, please contact Ruth Vidal-Brown, HR secretary, tel. +31 (0)15 - 27 81223, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply, please send your letter of application with accompanying CV, addressed to Mr. drs. Timo Kos, to email@example.com, citing vacancy number AT/UD/ESA/2018-21, by 20 May 2018.
In the event of equal suitability, internal candidates take precedence over external candidates.