3 dagen geleden - Beteor mens en organisatie - Wijchen
Lab Education Innovator
The Leiden-Delft BSc programme in Life Science and Technology offers solid laboratory education via a series of practical courses, which cover a wide range of …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
The Leiden-Delft BSc programme in Life Science and Technology offers solid laboratory education via a series of practical courses, which cover a wide range of biotechnological techniques. Several of these practical courses are based at the Department of Biotechnology of TU Delft. In the coming year, we will redesign several practical modules to embrace modern education methods and to better align the courses with the current rapid developments in science, technology and industrial application. While our primary objective is to improve the learning experience for students, we simultaneously seek to improve the support and logistics of the courses.
Two practical courses, Basic Biotechnological Techniques (1st year, LB1280) and Microbial Biotechnology in Practice (2nd year practicum, LB2791), will be the focal points for modernization. Both courses involve hands-on experiments by students with advanced bioreactor equipment.
To help develop, test and implement these changes, we seek a new colleague with an MSc or PhD degree in Life Sciences who is passionate about education innovation and who has experience with bioreactors and/or related equipment.
In collaboration with program coordinators, teachers and technical asssistants, you will:
- Analyse current practical course modules and their alignment to the programme
- Design and test modernized practical course modules
- Write/record new instruction manuals and videos
- Establish the best assessment method, aligned with the learning goals
- Implement writing/reporting training, in coordination with the other courses of the program
- Optimize requirements for teaching assistants and establish a system to train them
- MSc or PhD degree in Life Sciences
- Strong affinity with laboratory experimentation, preferably also with bioreactors and related equipment
- Strong interest and preferably experience in education
- Excellent communicator and writer. The LST programme is taught in Dutch, so oral and written fluency in Dutch is essential
- Creative and flexible mind-set, with solid organisational skills
- Fluent in verbal and written English (C1 level)
-A salary according to the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities, plus 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
-An excellent pension scheme via the ABP.
-The possibility to compile an individual employment package every year.
-Discount with health insurers.
-Flexible working week.
-Every year, 232 leave hours (at 38 hours). You can also sell or buy additional leave hours via the individual choice package.
-Plenty of opportunities for education, training and courses.
-Partially paid parental leave.
-Attention for working healthy and energetically with the Health Coach Program.