Ongeveer 17 uur geleden - Wageningen UR - Wageningen
Lecturer(s) for Digital Product Design (approx. 1.5 FTEs in total)
We are looking for colleagues who take a proactive approach and would enjoy coming to bolster our team of lecturers. As a lecturer, you will be responsible …
- Landbergstraat, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 16 - 32 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
We are looking for colleagues who take a proactive approach and would enjoy coming to bolster our team of lecturers. As a lecturer, you will be responsible for preparing and teaching components of the technical courses in disciplines that relate to data and intelligence for digital products (primarily at Bachelor's level). The specific subjects that we ask you to prepare or teach are:
- Web development (especially back-end development)
- The Internet of Things (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, I/O)
- Data analytics and Machine Learning.
- Software Engineering approaches (e.g. agile, version control)
What parts of teaching you will be responsible for will be determined in consultation.
In addition, we expect you to be deployable in the Bachelor's courses as a coach or supervisor, particularly given your expertise in digital products. Besides the subject-matter component, we also find didactic skills important and are happy to offer you the opportunity to develop these skills further.
We are looking for lecturers with the following experience:
- a Master's degree in industrial Design Engineering or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science or relevant qualification at University of Applied Sciences (HBO) level;
- good didactic skills in supervising groups;
- open-minded, innovative, inquisitive and eager to learn;
- good command of Dutch and English (oral and in writing);
- flexibility in weekly schedule during the various teaching periods.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice can support with advice for you and your accompanying partner about your individual settling needs in the Netherlands. Once arrived you can be supported with individual consults and diverse workshops. Located on Campus are the International Children’s Centre and an international primary school which are subject to availability as well as several bilingual schools in the nearby surrounding. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
The TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of teaching experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, you get the chance to obtain this within three years.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Gerd Kortuem, Professor, email: firstname.lastname@example.org .