he rise of Artificial Intelligence is rapidly transforming product innovation, design and development. Technologies such as machine learning, machine …
Our research is focused on the development of new hybrid semiconductor-superconductor platforms to enable the application of Majorana bound states for …
- Lorentzweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
Our research is focused on the development of new hybrid semiconductor-superconductor platforms to enable the application of Majorana bound states for topological quantum computing.
Material science and fabrication are the foundation and the enablers of qubit devices. We deal with complex stacks of different materials combined at the nanoscale and require state-of-the art metrology and in-depth morphological, structural and compositional analysis. Fabrication of qubit devices is a challenging, multi-step process pushing the boundaries of nanotechnology and nano-patterning techniques. You can play a key role in the development of our ground-breaking approach to quantum computing by helping to realize quantum devices with quality and control well beyond the current state of the art.
We are looking for an excellent, passionate nano-characterization engineer to contribute to the development, preparation and analysis of complex nanomaterials in addition to installation and management of the characterization facility.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
• develop, control, monitor and qualify sample preparation and characterization processes for transmission electron microscopy;
• perform scanning and transmission electron microscopy analysis independently;
• characterization lab management duties, including maintenance and upgrade of existing equipment;
• communicate results via comprehensive technical reports and presentations; build and maintain database up-to-date;
• coordinate with materials experts, fabrication engineers and physicists to sustain an effective “materials/characterization/device” feedback loop;
• train new users.
• PhD or Master’s degree with a minimum of 1-2 year(s) of experience in electron microscopy for Materials Science, Nanotechnology or related disciplines;
• excellent knowledge of, and direct hands-on experience in, scanning electron microscopy, focused-ion-beam assisted sample preparation techniques, ultra-microtomy and transmission electron microscopy;
• experience within the semiconductor industry or in relevant materials research labs would be appreciated;
• experience with lab management and hardware design/maintenance in the field of electron/ion microscopy would be a plus;
• excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
• ability to quickly integrate and work in a multi-disciplinary, international team and effectively collaborate and communicate to meet the deadlines and deliver against program goals.
This is a full-time position for 38 hours per week (1 FTE). The position is offered for one year initially with the prospect of extension based on good performance. The salary is based on scale 10 with a maximum of € 4084,- gross per month on a fulltime basis.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers child care and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position, please contact Prof. Leo Kouwenhoven, e-mail: L.P.Kouwenhoven@tudelft.nl. To apply, please e-mail your CV, a list of publications, and the names and e-mail addresses of at least three references along with a letter of motivation addressed to Prof. dr. ir. Leo Kouwenhoven. Please e-mail the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to vacancy number QuT18-054 in your application.
Screening of the applications will begin on July 15, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. The anticipated starting date is as soon as possible.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature