Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Our research is focused on the development of new hybrid semiconductor-superconductor platforms to enable the application of Majorana bound states for …
- Lorentzweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2514 - € 4166 per maand
Our research is focused on the development of new hybrid semiconductor-superconductor platforms to enable the application of Majorana bound states for topological quantum computing.
Material science and fabrication are the foundation and the enablers of qubit devices. We deal with complex stacks of different materials combined at the nanoscale and require state-of-the art metrology and in-depth morphological, structural and compositional analysis. Fabrication of qubit devices is a challenging, multi-step process pushing the boundaries of nanotechnology and nano-patterning techniques. You can play a key role in the development of our ground-breaking approach to quantum computing by helping to realize quantum devices with quality and control well beyond the current state of the art.
We are searching for an excellent nano-fabrication engineer to contribute to the development, fabrication and scaling up the qubit devices.
Primary job responsibilities would include:
- To develop high-yield, reproducible nano-patterning recipes;
- To monitor, control, and qualify the developed processes;
- To fabricate nanodevices with high-yield and reproducibility;
- To coordinate with device designers, materials growers, cleanroom staff, and transport measurement people for an effective “device fabrication -> device performance” feedback loop.
- Master's degree or Bachelor's degree with 1-2 years of experience in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Nanotechnology or related disciplines;
- Understanding of nanofabrication engineering principles and process development with an emphasis on thin films (< 10nm) deposition and dry/wet chemical etching;
- Experience with nanowire devices is a big plus;
- Ability to quickly integrate and work in a multi-disciplinary, international team and effectively collaborate and communicate to meet the deadlines and deliver against program goals.
This is a full-time position for 38 working hours per week (1 FTE). The position is offered for one year initially with the prospect of extension based on good performance. The salary is based on scale 8-10 (dependent on knowledge and experience) with a maximum of € 4166,- gross per month on a fulltime basis.. TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers child care and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position, please contact Prof. Leo Kouwenhoven, e-mail: L.P.Kouwenhoven@tudelft.nl. To apply, please e-mail your CV, a list of publications, and the names and e-mail addresses of at least three references along with a letter of motivation addressed to Prof. dr. ir. Leo Kouwenhoven. Please e-mail the requested information to email@example.com. Please refer to vacancy number QuT18-058 in your application.
Screening of the applications will begin on July 15, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. The anticipated starting date is as soon as possible.