Are you looking for a PhD opportunity and are you interested in a challenging research project in human microbiota? Then the role as PhD student ‘modelling of …
PDEng Traineeship in Chemical Product Design
The PDEng traineeship “Chemical Product Design” focuses on the development of structured materials, formulations, and devices for the specialty chemicals, …
- Van der Maasweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 1828 - € 1828 per maand
The PDEng traineeship “Chemical Product Design” focuses on the development of structured materials, formulations, and devices for the specialty chemicals, personal care, health care, food, semiconductor, and energy sectors.
During the traineeship you deepen your domain knowledge in specific areas, strengthen your engineering skills, and acquire know-how about designing these innovative products and bringing them to the market.
Most of the introductory year is dedicated to advanced training and workshops in engineering design, socio-economic aspects of design, and professional and business skills. The emphasis will be placed on the technical integration of disciplines, engineering design in an industrial context, and the recognition of the role technological product design plays in society. The first year will be concluded with a Group Design Project (GDP), in cooperation with industry. Besides the core programme you can select elective training modules in one of the five different profiles:
• Energy conversion & storage systems
• Nano-structured materials
• Optical materials
• Polymers & composites
• Surfaces & coatings
The second year of the traineeship consists of the Individual Design Project (IDP). The project is performed in, or in collaboration with, the product development department of an industrial partner. The IDP offers the perfect opportunity to apply all your knowledge, acquired during the first year of the traineeship.
We seek applicants with the following qualifications:
• Open, creative mind and a critical attitude
• Excellent command of English
• Affinity for working and studying in an international team
• Demonstrated interest in product design and development
• Sense of the application of technology in industry
• Goal of a career in industry.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers child care and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
Please visit www.pdeng.tudelft.nl/cpd for more information. You are also welcome to contact MSc. Reneé Aggenbach, phone: +31 (0)15 – 27 85817, e-mail: R.M.T.C.Aggenbach@tudelft.nl for any additional information.
To enter the online application procedure, please follow the link at www.pdeng.tudelft.nl/cpd. You are requested to submit in English, preferably in one PDF file:
• Letter of application in which you explain your interest in the traineeship in Chemical Product Design and in design in general (not more than 1 A4 page)
• Curriculum Vitae (not more than 2 pages A4)
• Master's and Bachelor's degrees transcripts including grades obtained (plus a scale that indicates the maximum, minimum and passing grades)
• Copies of Master's and Bachelor's diplomas
• A copy of your passport
• Two reference letters from supervisors of recent (research) projects or (scientific) work
Deadline for application
Please note our application deadline of 3 months before start date for EU nationals and 5 months for non EU nationals. A presentation and an interview will be part of the selection procedure.
The application deadline for submitting your documents:
1st of April for Non-Europeans
1st of June for Europeans
1st of September for Non-Europeans
1st of November for Europeans
Technische Universiteit Delft
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature