PDEng Traineeship in Process & Equipment
In the first year PDEng trainees follow advanced courses in engineering disciplines and in gamma disciplines as Economic Evaluation and Project Management. …
- Van der Maasweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 1828 - € 1828 per maand
In the first year PDEng trainees follow advanced courses in engineering disciplines and in gamma disciplines as Economic Evaluation and Project Management. Furthermore a Group Design Project will be carried out. The second year consists of an Individual Design Project carried out in, or in close collaboration with, industry. During these projects, industrial and academic knowledge are brought together and applied in real industrial development and design assignments. Senior personnel of the industrial principal and experienced staff members of the TU Delft jointly supervise the projects. The projects lie in the areas of product, process and/or equipment design in the areas of oil & gas, energy, base & specialties chemicals, pharmaceuticals, foods industries.
The two-year position leads to a Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng) degree, and is focused on integrating several disciplines in order to innovatively design Chemical Processes and Process Equipment. The gained expertise is in much demand and therefore this programme offers very good prospects for a professional future career in the Dutch and international chemical industries.
Applicants should preferably have an MSc degree in
- Chemical Engineering or Biochemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering, with a specialization related to chemical engineering, such as Industrial Process Equipment and Energy Systems
- Applied Earth Sciences, with specialization Raw Material Processing or Petroleum Engineering
- Physical Technology
- Other, with equal merit, within the discretion of the Selection Committee
We are especially looking for trainees with an open, creative mind and a critical attitude: trainees with ambition in innovative design developments. Delft University of Technology is a bi-lingual organisation. Good command of the English language (written and oral) is essential. Trainees will be recruited from the top 25% of the student population.
The extent of this position is a maximum of 38 hours per week (1 FTE). This position initially has an employment basis of 2 years (1 year with an extension of 1 year). For an estimation of the minimum monthly PDEng salary please visit the website www.4TU.nl , chapter Application). Benefits and other employment conditions are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The successful candidate will be employed by the Delft University of Technology. Enrolment is possible in February and September.
With regard to selection, students with an honour track have precedence in the application procedure.
Please visit www.pdeng.tudelft.nl/ped for more information. You are also welcome to contact MSc. Mahsa Hajivandi, phone: +31 (0)15 – 27 84355, e-mail: M.Hajivandi@tudelft.nl for any additional information.
To enter the online application procedure, please follow the link at www.pdeng.tudelft.nl/ped. You are requested to submit in English, preferably in one PDF file:
• Letter of application in which you explain your interest in the traineeship in Process and Equipment Design and in design in general (maximum 600 words)
• Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages A4)
• Master's and Bachelor's transcripts including grades obtained (plus a scale that indicates the maximum, minimum and passing grades)
• Copies of Master's and Bachelor's degrees
• A copy of your passport
• Two reference letters from supervisors of recent (scientific) projects or work
When applying for this position, please indicate your preferred start date (coming February or coming September).
Deadline for application
Please note our application deadline of 3 months before start date for EU nationals and 5 months for non EU nationals. A presentation and an interview will be part of the selection procedure. The application deadline for submitting your documents:
1st of April for Non-Europeans
1st of June for Europeans
1st of September for Non-Europeans
1st of November for Europeans
MSc. Mahsa Hajivandi, for more information about the position
+31 (0)15 – 27 84355
Technische Universiteit Delft