Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
PhD: Assessing Innovative Affordable Zero Energy Housing
The PhD-candidate will work in the EU funded Interreg project Housing4.0Energy, supervised by senior researchers also working in the project. Housing …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
The PhD-candidate will work in the EU funded Interreg project Housing4.0Energy, supervised by senior researchers also working in the project. Housing 4.0Energy is a consortium with partners in Belgium, Germany, UK, Ireland and the Netherlands.
Project summary: North West Europe lacks affordable new low energy housing solutions for 1&2 person households. Existing techniques & practices neglect the financial capacities & limited space requirements of this growing group. This project will develop an affordable Zero Energy House market by adapting & applying new technologies & creating consumer/supplier interest. The concept focusses on small housing concepts that use innovative design and production techniques and materialisation with a severe reduced embodied CO2 and a net zero energy in the operation phase.
Role of the PhD-candidate:
- set-up and coordinate environmental impact calculations and energy use measurements of new housing concepts;
- develop the design for questionnaires and focus groups to monitor consumer satisfaction;
- be closely involved in executing the research activities in the five different countries;
- analyse the results, write academic papers and journal articles and formulate recommendations for the pilot projects and for policy makers.
For more information: please request the research proposal.
The PhD candidate:
- holds a MSc degree from an internationally recognised institution, preferably in the field of housing and energy efficiency; for example Architecture, Urbanism and Building Sciences (AUBS), Complex Systems Engineering and Management (CoSEM), Construction Management and Engineering (CME);
- has skills and experience in executing quantitative and qualitative research;
- is good at collaborating in an international team;
- works proactively and independently and has good communication skills;
- has a high level of written and spoken English;
- is highly motivated, ambitious and result-oriented;
- knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
As a PhD candidate you will be enrolled in the TU Delft Graduate School. TU Delft Graduate School provides an inspiring research environment; an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff and a mentor; and a Doctoral Education Programme aimed at developing your transferable, discipline-related and research skills. Please visit www.tudelft.nl/phd for more information.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Prof.dr.ir. Marja Elsinga, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 (0)6 41420314.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Mrs C.A. Moualed, HR advisor, e-mail: HR-BK@tudelft.nl