Ongeveer 11 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PhD: Complex Network Games
systems and control, applied mathematics, electrical engineering, computer science, Theoretical background and interest in System Theory, Automatic Control, Optimization, Game Theory.
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2897 - € 2897 per maand
The candidate will conduct fundamental research on complex multi-agent systems characterized by the presence of: (i) noncooperative (e.g. selfish) agents; (ii) complex networks that define the inter-dependence between objective functions, the coupling constraints, and the information exchange; (iii) uncertain variables and probabilistic constraints. The key challenge is to design structured multi-agent dynamics that converge to an efficient equilibrium solution, despite the presence of uncertainty. With this aim, stochastic or randomized methods, e.g. the scenario approach, shall be developed for game theory. Application areas include smart power grids and automated driving.
The PhD position is in the context of the project “Complex Network Games: The Scenario Approach” (OMEGA), funded by the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO) for curiosity-driven research in Mathematics.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
• An MSc degree in systems and control, applied mathematics, electrical engineering, computer science, or a related field.
• Theoretical background or interest in system theory, automatic control, optimization, game theory.
• Good command of the English language and communication skills.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
As a PhD candidate you will be enrolled in the TU Delft Graduate School. The TU Delft Graduate School provides an inspiring research environment; an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff and a mentor; and a Doctoral Education Programme aimed at developing your transferable, discipline-related and research skills. Please visit graduateschool.tudelft.nl/ for more information.
For more information about this position, please contact dr.ir. S. Grammatico, email@example.com. To apply, please submit the following:
(1) a detailed curriculum vitae,
(2) statement of motivation and research interests (one page)
(3) transcripts of all exams taken and obtained degrees (in English)
(4) names and contact information of up to three references (e.g. project/thesis supervisors)
(5) up to two research-oriented documents (e.g. thesis, conference/journal publication).
Please e-mail your application to dr.ir. S. Grammatico, firstname.lastname@example.org and Irina Bruckner, application-3mE@tudelft.nl. When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number 3mE18-40.
The call for applications will remain open until the ideal candidate is found.