2 dagen geleden - Universiteit van Tilburg - Tilburg
PhD Electrochemical Conversion of CO2 to Synthetic Fuel Using 2D Electrode Materials
Electrochemical conversion of CO2 into synthetic fuels requires the use of electrode materials that provide high efficiency and durability. Thin layered …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
Electrochemical conversion of CO2 into synthetic fuels requires the use of electrode materials that provide high efficiency and durability. Thin layered materials, referred to as ‘2D materials’, are characterized by an exceptionally large specific surface area, making these materials very promising as electrodes in electrochemical processes.
The PhD project is on fabrication of high-performance and durable catalysts for electrochemical conversion of CO2 to synthetic fuels using 2D materials. High performance catalysts, which could selectively reduce CO2 at low over-potentials and obtain high current densities is demanded. Moreover, continuous operation of the biased catalysts exposed to an aqueous solution is required, tackling the durability concerns. This project combines experimental measurements and molecular dynamics (MD) simulations to explore the use of novel electrodes for CO2 reduction.
It is expected that you will:
- Setup the experimental platform required for this project;
- Synthesis 2D electrocatalysts;
- Conduct electrochemical spectroscopy, surface analysis and corrosion testing;
- Conduct molecular dynamics (MD) simulations;
- Tune synthesis paraments and apply surface treatments towards improving electrocatalytic properties and durability;
- Write a doctoral dissertation, publish results in high-impact peer-reviewed journals and present research in international conferences;
- Engage in education activities, such as supervising master students.
You should have the following qualifications:
- MSc in materials science, physics, chemical engineering or a related area;
- Experience with electrochemistry and surface analysis.;
- Experience with modeling, particularly MD is a big plus;
- Eager to conduct a multidisciplinary project;
- Good communication skills and ability to be a team-player in a multidisciplinary setting;
- Self-starter with initiative and ability to setup, organise and execute your research.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
As a PhD candidate you will be enrolled in the TU Delft Graduate School. TU Delft Graduate School provides an inspiring research environment; an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff and a mentor; and a Doctoral Education Programme aimed at developing your transferable, discipline-related and research skills. Please visit www.tudelft.nl/phd for more information.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Hilma Bleeker, HR-advisor, email: H.M.Bleeker@tudelft.nl.
To apply for this position, please send:
- a letter of motivation;
- a detailed CV including publication list, summary of academic record or research experience;
- names of three references.
to Application-3mE@TUDelft.nl referring to vacancy number 3mE20-10.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature