2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
PhD Planning for new rural generations: Rural newcomers and access to land
The PhD candidate will work within the context of a EU funded Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Action (coordinated by the chair of Land Development of the …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
The PhD candidate will work within the context of a EU funded Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Action (coordinated by the chair of Land Development of the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment of TU Delft) on the opening of rural areas to renew rural generations, jobs and farms.
Research will involve the following activities:
- Using regional workshops to make an inventory of the rural futures dreams of the youth and experienced obstacles for realising the dream;
- Case studies (using mixed methods) on promising practices of rural newcomers, new entrants and successors;
- In depth qualitative analysis of legal and policy arrangements to provide access to land, which will be based on a more general analysis of legal and policy arrangements. A more economic oriented candidate may also be involved in a quantitative analysis of land markets;
- Policy assessment and development of new strategies based on knowledge developed;
- The empircal part of the research will focus on the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
Applicants must have completed a master degree or equivalent education in town and country planning, legal and administrative sciences or social and economic sciences.
Applicants must be willing and able to use a mixed-methods approach in a multidisciplinary research and innovation context.
Furthermore, applicants should demonstrate a solid background in articulating themselves in Dutch and English.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. As a PhD candidate you will be enrolled in the TU Delft Graduate School. TU Delft Graduate School provides an inspiring research environment; an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff and a mentor; and a Doctoral Education Programme aimed at developing your transferable, discipline-related and research skills. Please visit www.tudelft.nl/phd for more information.
For more information about this vacancy you can contact Willem Korthals Altes, Professor in Land Development, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 (0)15 2785099 or Herman de Wolff, Assistant Professor in Land Development, email: email@example.com, tel: +31 (0)15 2783668
For information about the selection procedure, you can contact: HR-BK@tudelft.nl