Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
PhD position in Automotive Radar
The candidate will be responsible for the following activities: • Developing methods for building situation awareness with automotive radars with focus on …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
The candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
• Developing methods for building situation awareness with automotive radars with focus on sensing signal design and dedicated signal processing schemes,
• Integration of sensing and communication capabilities within the radar frontend from signal to information extraction levels,
• Development of resource management for both communication and sensing functionalities,
• Experimentally verifying methods with short-range automotive radar.
• Performing research according to the project plan,
• Preparing and writing all project deliverables within the project,
The performance of the methods developed will be evaluated in simulations and validated with signals measured with real radar research platforms, which are available at MS3.
The researcher will work in a multi-disciplinary team connected to the main academic and industrial actors in the field.
The applicant should have an MSc degree with a background in electrical engineering, physics, computer science or mathematics and preferably strong knowledge of and interest in radar systems and sensor fusion. Programming experience in C/C++ and/or MATLAB is expected; experience in working with actual radar will be an advantage. Strong communication skills for interaction with the other members of the project’s team are expected. The researcher should have an open personality and good English language skills in order to closely cooperate with colleagues and students as well as write project documents. European (EU) nationality is an advantage.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
As a PhD candidate you will be enrolled in the TU Delft Graduate School. The TU Delft Graduate School provides an inspiring research environment; an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff and a mentor; and a Doctoral Education Programme aimed at developing your transferable, discipline-related and research skills. Please visit graduateschool.tudelft.nl/ for more information.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Prof. A. Yarovoy, Sr. Professor, email: email@example.com, tel: +31 (0)15 2782496.
To apply, please e-mail a detailed CV along with a letter of application by September 1, 2018 to Lotte Ophey at HR-EEMCS@tudelft.nl.
When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number EWI2018-49