Ongeveer 18 uur geleden - Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen (RUN) - Nijmegen
PhD position in Computer Graphics on Rendering
The classic setting of a standard screen, a compute device, and a single user is about to change, with the advent of many-view rendering scenarios. …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
The classic setting of a standard screen, a compute device, and a single user is about to change, with the advent of many-view rendering scenarios. Stereoscopic, virtual-reality, augmented reality, multi-view, and soon light-field and holographic displays (to provide correct depth perception) enter the mass market and require many images of the same content. This project addresses the topic of many-view rendering via three research lines with high potential for scientific and technological impact. First, we want to identify and reduce recurring computations. Second, given that the user interprets the image, we aim at reducing costs by exploiting perceptual limitations. Finally, we will conceive novel design tools to build efficient content for many-view scenarios.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
• You are talented and enthusiastic about research.
• You have experience with or a strong background in computer graphics. Preferably you finished a master in Computer Science, (Applied) Mathematics, (Applied) Physics or Electrical Engineering.
• Expertise in the fields of rendering, perception, and virtual reality are a plus but not mandatory.
• You have a strong experience in programming skills.
• You have good communication skills and are able to work in a team.
• You are creative, ambitious, hardworking and persistent.
• You have a good command of the English language (knowledge of Dutch is not required).
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
As a PhD candidate you will be enrolled in the TU Delft Graduate School. TU Delft Graduate School provides an inspiring research environment; an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff and a mentor; and a Doctoral Education Programme aimed at developing your transferable, discipline-related and research skills. Please visit www.tudelft.nl/phd for more information.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Elmar Eisemann, Prof.dr., head of the section CGV, email: email@example.com. tel: +31 15 2782528.
To apply, please e-mail a detailed CV (with contact to two referees) along with a short letter of motivation. Please send your application material before August 31, 2018 to:Hrfirstname.lastname@example.org. when applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number EWI2018-51.