PhD position in Data Retrieval and Target Classification with Radar
The candidate will be responsible for the following activities: • Developing methods for signal processing in phased-array radar for building 3D …
- Stevinweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
The candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
• Developing methods for signal processing in phased-array radar for building 3D situation awareness;
• Development of data retrieval methods for 3D continuously distributed targets such as rain;
• Development of artificial intelligence methods for classification of localized and distributed targets with automotive radars with focus on sensing signal design and dedicated signal processing schemes;
• Experimentally verifying methods with operational weather and automotive radar;
• Performing research according to the project plan;
• Preparing and writing all project deliverables within the project.
The performance of the methods developed will be evaluated in simulations and validated with signals measured with real radar research platforms, which are available at MS3.
The researcher will work in a multi-disciplinary team connected to the main academic and industrial actors in the field.
The applicant should have an MSc degree with a background in electrical engineering, physics, remote sensing, computer science or mathematics and preferably strong knowledge of and interest in radar signal processing, remote sensing and classification methods including AI.
Programming experience in C/C++ and/or MATLAB/Python is expected; experience in working with actual radar will be an advantage.
Strong communication skills for interaction with the other members of the project’s team are expected. The researcher should have an open personality and good English language skills in order to closely cooperate with colleagues and students as well as write project documents.
European (EU) nationality is an advantage.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
As a PhD candidate you will be enrolled in the TU Delft Graduate School. TU Delft Graduate School provides an inspiring research environment; an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff and a mentor; and a Doctoral Education Programme aimed at developing your transferable, discipline-related and research skills. Please visit www.tudelft.nl/phd for more information.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Prof. A. Yarovoy, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 (0)15-2782496.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Ms. M.I. Heemskerk, HR Advisor, email: email@example.com.
To apply, please e-mail a detailed CV (with contact to two referees) along with a short letter of motivation before June 1, 2020. Please e-mail your application by to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning vacancy number EWI2020-43.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature