PhD position in Human-Centric AI for Medical Time-Critical Segmentation
This Ph.D. position focusses on the visualization and interaction techniques that afford an effective combination of artificial intelligence and human expert …
- Stevinweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
This Ph.D. position focusses on the visualization and interaction techniques that afford an effective combination of artificial intelligence and human expert knowledge/skills in segmentation and detection tasks for head-and-neck cancer proton therapy. This is the 2nd PhD position in this research project that aims to develop interactive human-centric deep learning methods for medical imaging in order to optimize the work-flow. In particular, approaches for the fast and accurate location and segmentation of tumor and organs-at-risk from imaging data will be the focus. Since fully automatic segmentation methods are too limited in accuracy, manual corrections by human experts to improve the quality to the clinical standard are needed. The project involves clinical partners at the Holland Proton Therapy Center and the Leiden University Medical Center. The position is focused on the human-computer interaction and visualization aspects of the research project and a collaboration with a second Ph.D. project focused on the collaborative deep learning approaches is planned.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
• You are talented and enthusiastic about research.
• You have experience with or a strong background in visualization, HCI and/or image analysis. Preferably you finished a master in Computer Science, (Applied) Mathematics, (Applied) Physics or Electrical Engineering.
• Expertise in the fields of medical visualization and explainable AI are a plus but not mandatory.
• You have strong programming skills.
• You have the affinity to conduct observational research for interaction design and the optimization of work-flow.
• You have good communication skills and are able to work in a team.
• You are creative, ambitious, hardworking and persistent.
• You have a good command of the English language (knowledge of Dutch is not required).
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
As a PhD candidate you will be enrolled in the TU Delft Graduate School. TU Delft Graduate School provides an inspiring research environment; an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff and a mentor; and a Doctoral Education Programme aimed at developing your transferable, discipline-related and research skills. Please visit www.tudelft.nl/phd for more information.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Klaus Hildebrandt, Dr., head of the section CGV, email: K.A.Hildebrandt@tudelft.nl, and Anna Vilanova, Prof. Dr., email: a.vilanova @tudelft.nl.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Ms. M.I. Heemskerk, HR-Adviser, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please e-mail a detailed CV (with contact to two referees) along with a short letter of motivation before June 1, 2020. Please email your application by to email@example.com, mentioning vacancynumber EWI2020-42.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature