Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
PhD Precision Motion Control for Mechatronic Systems
Nonlinear Control theory, Loopshaping methods, precision motion control for hightech mechatronics applications
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2266 - € 2897 per maand
This is a PhD research position, with a limited 48-month duration. You will develop and conduct research on precision motion control for hightech mechatronics applications. The next big step in the industrial revolution, of which control is a vital part, requires higher speed and increased precision. Classical control is not capable of achieving the increasing demands on performance, robustness and efficiency. Existing advanced controllers are complicated and heavily incompatible with industry standards in terms of design and implementation. This project aims to introduce a new control paradigm that overcomes these challenges.
You will be engaged in the development of novel complex order controllers using nonlinear approaches.
The tasks to be performed include:
• Develop complex order nonlinear reset controllers
• Develop frequency domain analysis for nonlinear controllers with reset
• Develop stability theories for complex order controllers in frequency domain
• Loop-shaping guidelines for designed controllers
• The supervision of MSc student projects related to your own
• Being an inspiring member for the PME department by proactive participation,
• Engaging in the writing of scientific articles and proposals to secure funding for further work on the topic.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
• Masters and background within the fields of (but not restricted to) Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering and Control Engineering.
• Experience with:
- Nonlinear Control theories
- Robust Control theory
- Loopshaping methods
- Frequency domain control design.
• Experience or high interest (not mandatory but preferred) with
- Hands on experimental work (control implementation and prototypings)
- Fractional order control
- Reset Control.
• A good publication record.
• Good skill in writing scientific articles.
• High motivation for teamwork and good communication skills.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
As a PhD candidate you will be enrolled in the TU Delft Graduate School. TU Delft Graduate School provides an inspiring research environment; an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff and a mentor; and a Doctoral Education Programme aimed at developing your transferable, discipline-related and research skills. Please visit http://www.tudelft.nl/phd for more information.
For more information about this position, please contact dr Hassan HosseinNia, Assistant Professor, email: email@example.com. For information about the selection procedure, please contact Irina Bruckner, HR advisor, email: application-3mE@tudelft.nl.
To apply please submit your application letter and a detailed cv by 31 July 2018 to Irina Bruckner, email: application-3mE@tudelft.nl.
When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number 3mE18-45.