Ongeveer 10 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
PhD student in Influence-based Sequential Decision Making
The position is part of the ERC-funded project "INFLUENCE: Influence-based Decision-making in Uncertain Environments" which aims to significantly scale up …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
The position is part of the ERC-funded project "INFLUENCE: Influence-based Decision-making in Uncertain Environments" which aims to significantly scale up decision making for complex systems. For instance, we will develop techniques to enable city-scale coordination of traffic lights control or better autonomous warehousing (e.g., order picking) with large teams of robots.
You will work in a team of several postdocs and PhD students. This position will focus on online planning methods (such as extensions of Monte Carlo tree search methods) making use of learned influence descriptions, and developing self-improving simulators.
The ideal candidate:
- has a Master’s degree in computer science, math, or physics.
- strong algorithmic skills
- has a good background in reinforcement learning or planning under uncertainty (e.g., good understanding of with Markov decision processes).
- has excellent coding skills and should be proficient in C++
- has some experience with modern machine learning and/or robotics frameworks (e.g., tensor flow, ROS)
- is fluent in English
- is self motivated; has the drive to succeed individually
- is a team player; has the desire to succeed as a team
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
As a PhD candidate you will be enrolled in the TU Delft Graduate School. TU Delft Graduate School provides an inspiring research environment; an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff and a mentor; and a Doctoral Education Programme aimed at developing your transferable, discipline-related and research skills. Please visit www.tudelft.nl/phd for more information.
For more information about this position please contact Frans Oliehoek, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please submit the following application material:
(1) Curriculum Vitae (with publications if you have any).
(2) Course lists with grades and degree certificates
(3) A letter of application in which you explain both your motivation and the relevance of your skills and experience for this research project. The motivational letter should be on-topic, generic letters will cause your application to be rejected immediately.
(4) A list of 3 (academic) references that we can contact
(5) Your MSc thesis in English.
Please send your application material to: email@example.com. When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number EWI2018-24.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. The first round of interviews will be conducted based on applications received before April 23rd 2018.