Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PhD Student in Programming Language Semantics
The PL group in TU Delft is pursuing a broad research programme on tools, techniques, and principles of programming and programming languages, and on the …
- Stevinweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
The PL group in TU Delft is pursuing a broad research programme on tools, techniques, and principles of programming and programming languages, and on the development of a language workbench for declarative and safe-by-construction language definitions.
We are looking for PhD students to work with Casper Bach Poulsen and the Spoofax team at TU Delft on safe-by-construction language definitions, and techniques and tools for language engineering in general. Possible topics include:
- Making safe-by-construction language definitions (see, e.g., ) modular and composable
- Deriving symbolic executors from, and automatic test frameworks for, definitional interpreters (see, e.g., )
We are looking for a versatile candidate who can contribute to the development of theoretical foundations, design new meta-languages, implement and integrate languages and libraries in the language workbench, and evaluate the new techniques in language design case studies.
- Casper Bach Poulsen, Arjen Rouvoet, Andrew Tolmach, Robbert Krebbers, and Eelco Visser: Intrinsically-Typed Definitional Interpreters for Imperative Languages. POPL 2018. https://doi.org/10.1145/3158104
- Adrian Mensing, Hendrik van Antwerpen, Casper Bach Poulsen, and Eelco Visser: From Definitional Interpreter to Symbolic Executor. To appear at META'19. https://github.com/MetaBorgCube/From-Definitional-Interpreter-To-Symbolic-Executor
We are looking for an excellent candidate with the following qualifications, knowledge, and skills:
- A master's degree (or equivalent) in computer science
- A strong and demonstrable interest in program languages
- Independent, self-motivated, reliable, and eager to learn.
- Ability to work in a project team and take leadership and responsibility for different research tasks.
- Excellent command of English and good academic writing and presentation skills.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
As a PhD candidate you will be enrolled in the TU Delft Graduate School. TU Delft Graduate School provides an inspiring research environment; an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff and a mentor; and a Doctoral Education Programme aimed at developing your transferable, discipline-related and research skills. Please visit www.tudelft.nl/phd for more information.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Dr. Casper Bach Poulsen, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 15 27 87181.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Roniet Sharabi, Secretary, email: email@example.com.