Post doc: 3D Microfabrication
PhD in Micro- and Nano-Engineering, (Polymer-)Chemistry applied Physics, Process-, Materials-, Mechanical-, or Production-Engineering, or similar related fields
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 3111 - € 4084 per maand
You will be part of team that is exploring new fluidic devices made of polymers. Your activity will focuse on production related design aspects and the proper manufacturing of devices. The main technology is 3D two-photon lithograph for which you will be using our recently acquired nanoscribe instrument.
Your tasks will be:
- Design additive manufacturing-based (e.g. stereolithography, 2-photon-polymerization) process flows to manufacture fluidic structures previously designed via in-house topolgy optimisation approaches;
- Formulating application-related needs and fabrication-related limitations and translating those into design requirements;
- Collaborating in synergy with modelling and engineering design experts;
- Be the point of reference in the department fore expertise in high-resolution additive manufacturina dn mould replication of polymeric materials;
- Establish an approach for designing new materials compatible with the afore mentioned manufacturing methods and specifically required mechanical properties.
PhD in Micro- and Nano-Engineering, (Polymer-)Chemistry applied Physics, Process-, Materials-, Mechanical-, or Production-Engineering, or similar related fields;
- Microfabrication and clean-room experience are required.
- Expertiese in 2-photon-polymerization is a must, experience with the nanoscribe technology is a big advantage.
- Additional expertise and interest in polymer micro/nano fabrication and manufacturing are benefitial.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position, please contact Prof. Urs Staufer, section head, phone: +31 (0)15-2786513, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Luigi Sasso, group leader, email: email@example.com. For information about the selectionprocedure, please contact Lisette Janse, department manager, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include: a letter of motivation and a detailed CV. Please email your application by 31 May 2018 to Irina Bruckner, email: application-3mE@tudelft.nl. When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number 3ME18-26.