1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Post-doc: Complex Dynamical Networks
System Theory, Automatic Control, Optimisation; strong mathematical skills
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 4084 - € 4084 per maand
We are looking for a talented post-doctoral research fellow with background and interest in System Theory, Automatic Control, Optimisation; strong mathematical skills; a track record of publications in high-quality journals and/or conferences; and an excellent command of the English language (knowledge of Dutch is not required).
The researcher will conduct fundamental theoretical and algorithmic research on complex dynamical networks, with possible applications to systems in both engineering and biology.
The researcher will not be assigned to a pre-defined project. She/He will be free to follow her/his own preferences within the research activities and expertise of the group. For more information on the possible research topics, see: giordanogiulia.altervista.org/research.html or giordanogiulia.altervista.org/publications.html.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. degree (or close to completion) in Systems and Control, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong mathematical skills, along with ability and interest to work at the intersection of several technical research domains, in particular System Theory, Automatic Control, Optimisation.
- Good programming skills (e.g., in Matlab).
- Excellent command of the English language and communication skills.
Expertise in either networked dynamical systems, decentralised control or systems biology is highly appreciated.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position, please contact dr Giulia Giordano, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An application dossier consists of the following documents:
• detailed curriculum vitae and list of publications;
• a brief statement of motivation, research interests and vision (1-2 pages);
• academic transcripts of all exams taken and obtained degrees (in English);
• names and contact information of up to three references (e.g. PhD supervisors);
• up to five publications (possibly, also currently unpublished work ad PhD thesis).
Applications can be submitted by 31 May 2018 to Irina Bruckner, e-mail: application-3mE@tudelft.nl.
When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number 3ME18-11.
The call for applications will remain open until the ideal candidate is found.
The starting date is flexible, but ideally would be May/June 2018.