Ongeveer 3 uur geleden - Maastricht University (UM) - Maastricht
The postdoctoral fellows will perform cutting-edge research in methods and applications related to data science.
Integrated, multifunctional PV elements for the built environment
This 1-year position is part of the SolarUrban programme, led by Prof. Miro Zeman and Prof. Andy van den Dobbelsteen, meant to develop new, integrated, multifunctional PV elements for the built environment. There are five tenured staff members actively involved in the programme, and three PhDs have been appointed since the start one year ago.
SolarUrban is meant to become one of the leading joint research programmes of the TU Delft, and the post-doc will play a pivotal role therein.
This post-doc position, with a coordinating role in the programme, will represent the two professors and other staff involved. He or she will, among other tasks:
• co-write the SolarUrban programme text, in cooperation with the two professors and other staff;
• produce promotional material for SolarUrban;
• organise and coordinate meetings of the programme;
• make and maintain relevant connections within and outside the TU Delft;
• write research proposals to secure funding for new PhDs, post-docs, and their continuation;
• be involved with the ongoing PhD projects and co-author publications that come out of this research project when applicable;
• provide general support to both professors.
The position might be increased up to 1.0 FTE within 1-3 months.
• hold a doctoral degree in Building Technology, Sustainable Energy Technology, Electrical Engineering, Architecture or another relevant discipline;
• have excellent academic qualifications, above average study results and an interest in research;
• have good communication and writing skills and an excellent command of spoken and written English (IELTS C1 level); a good command of spoken and written Dutch is recommended;
• have proven positive experience with coordination and organisation of projects and research groups.
Core competencies are: proficiency in research, action- and result-driven attitude, accuracy, strong communication and writing skills, coordination, organisation and leadership skills, and ability to work in a team and individually.
Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) is a multifaceted institution offering education and carrying out research in the technical sciences at an internationally recognised level. Education, research and design are strongly oriented towards applicability. TU Delft develops technologies for future generations, focusing on sustainability, safety and economic vitality. At TU Delft you will work in an environment where technical sciences and society converge. TU Delft comprises eight faculties, unique laboratories, research institutes and schools.
The Department of Architectural Engineering + Technology provides education and performs scientific research in the field of building technology related to building design. It positions itself as an important player in the integration of design and engineering. The core areas of interest are façade design, structural design, climate design, and computational design with an important focus on sustainability.
The post-doc will be positioned in the chair of Climate Design & Sustainability (CD&S), which is part of the Environmental & Computational Design section in the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment. Being employed under the joint SolarUrban programme, the post-doc will also be working for the chair of Photovoltaic Materials and Devices (Prof. Miro Zeman) of the Electrical Sustainable Energy section, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Sciences.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature