Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Wageningen UR (University & Research) - Wageningen
Ondersteunen van studenten en onderzoekers bij het vinden en gebruik maken van wetenschappelijke informatiebronnen en reference managementsoftware als Endnote …
Structural integrity of adhesively bonded composite-to-metal joints under loading and environmental conditions
Within the framework of the EU project 'Enabling Qualification of Hybrid Structures for Lightweight and Safe Maritime Transport - QUALIFY', the post-doctoral researcher will investigate the structural integrity of adhesively bonded composite-to-metal joints under loading and environmental conditions. The job will include:
1) Design and execution of an experimental campaign on composite-to-metal bonded joints to characterise the fracture mechanisms and degradation mechanisms under loading and enviromental conditions.
2) Analysis/modelling of the bonded joints' mechanical behaviour and fracture mechanisms in order to explain what was observed during experiments and predict the long-term behaviour.
The post-doc will work in close collaboration with a team of researchers working in the same field of science.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative researcher motivated to push the limits of durability in adhesive bonds. Applicants should have the following qualifications:
• PhD in material engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, applied physics, or another relevant discipline.
• Extensive experience with material testing, polymer science, analysis, and modelling.
• Knowledge of modelling degradation mechanisms in polymer materials.
• Excellent English, communication, and reporting skills.
• Comfort working both independently and in a team.
• A pro-active, independent, problem-solving, and result-oriented work attitude.
Applicants will be expected to publish and participate in international conferences.
Delft University of Technology (the TU Delft) is a multifaceted institution offering education and carrying out research in the technical sciences at an internationally recognised level. Education, research and design are strongly oriented towards applicability. The TU Delft develops technologies for future generations, focusing on sustainability, safety and economic vitality. At the TU Delft you will work in an environment where technical sciences and society converge. The TU Delft comprises eight faculties, unique laboratories, research institutes and schools.
The Department of Aerospace Materials and Structures is dedicated to research on and development of structures and materials. The department consists of multiple groups that together cover the range from fundamental material science to full-scale structural component testing.
The Structural Integrity and Composites group focuses on the performance needs of future structures and products by intergrating design, safety, manufacturing, and maintenance. The group has a unique reputation in the field of fatigue of structures and materials, combined with expertise in structural hybrid/composite concept development and manufacturing for assuring structural integrity during all phases of the entire operational life.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature