Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - VU - Amsterdam
Post-doc: Picosecond Ultrasonics for Subsurface Sample Characterization
The possibility of characterizing the subsurface structure of samples with nanometre resolution is getting increasingly important nowadays. This is due to the …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3389 - € 4274 per maand
The possibility of characterizing the subsurface structure of samples with nanometre resolution is getting increasingly important nowadays. This is due to the ever-ongoing miniaturization in the semiconductor industry, where accurate metrology is becoming a key-element for lithographic process control. Within this project, you will setup an ultrafast optical pump-probe technique to generate acoustic pulses in sample materials. The scattering of these pulses on the internal structure of the samples allows for their subsurface characterization. You will develop a state-of-the-art experimental set-up within the research field of picosecond ultrasonics.
It is expected that you will:
- Develop, conduct and supervise research on picosecond ultrasonics.
This includes the coaching of a PhD-student on this project.
- Setup the experimental platform required for this project.
- Perform experimental research, including a proof-of-concept for detecting the ultrashort acoustic pulses.
- Engage in the writing of scientific articles and proposals to secure funding for further work on the topic.
You should have the following qualifications:
- PhD in mechanical engineering, physics or a related area with a solid background in ultrafast optical pump-probe techniques.
- Experience in the fabrication and/or characterization of nano-mechanical devices.
- Modelling and nonlinear dynamics skills or experience in experimental dynamics at the microscale and/or experience with ultrasound sensing are appreciated.
- A good publication record.
- Good communication skills and a high motivation for teamwork.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Dr. Gerard Verbiest, Assistant Professor, email: G.J.Verbiest@tudelft.nl, tel: +31 (0)15 278 6504, or: Prof.dr. Peter Steeneken, email: P.G.Steeneken@tudelft.nl.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Irina Bruckner, HR-advisor, email: application-3mE@tudelft.nl.