1 dag geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Post-doc: Process system and LCA study on agricultural residue torrefaction for power production
The research work is carried out in the framework of a Dutch national TKI-BBE project 'Agritor' in a consortium of TU Delft and a utility company. Your work …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3173 - € 4166 per maand
The research work is carried out in the framework of a Dutch national TKI-BBE project 'Agritor' in a consortium of TU Delft and a utility company.
Your work will consist of:
- Identifying and quantifying potentially attractive agricultural residue streams regarding their volumes and compositional characteristics and making a pre-selection based on their expected sustainability throughout the chain towards power and heat generation.
- Setting up process simulation models for techno-economic evaluation of the value chains of decentral (small-scale) and central (larger scale) torrefaction of a selected number of residue streams. This will clarify the energy efficiency and economic feasibility of the cases studied.
- Performing LCA studies based on the outcome of these process (-economic) models for the selected production-conversion chains. Herein, a selection will be made of the emission impact categories, in particular the greenhouse gas emission potential, the acidification potential etc. In the phases of both process modelling and LCA Pedigree analysis (expert consultation) will be performed, a very recently developed supporting technique for highlighting uncertainty of models used. Such a combined system analysis is promising to point out emission ‘hot spots’ throughout the entire biomass transformation chain and to formulate measures to solve these.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- PhD degree in chemical engineering, technical physics, or mechanical engineering, with proven affinity with chemical processes, thermodynamics and LCA.
- Interest in both applied and more fundamental science and engineering in the energy field.
- Excellent background in the following areas: thermo-chemistry, chemical kinetics and thermodynamics, physical transport phenomena (heat and mass transfer) and life cycle assessment.
- Proven interest and skills regarding experimental research.
- Good communication skills and being a team player in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Good oral and written knowledge of English. TU Delft is a bi-lingual organization; good knowledge of the Dutch language is considered to be a positive aspect of your application.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position, please contact Professor W. de Jong, phone: +31 (0)15-2789476, e-mail:
email@example.com. To apply, please e-mail a detailed CV, list of publications, and contact information of three references along with a letter of application by 1 August 2018 to Professor de Jong, application-3mE@tudelft.nl.
When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number 3mE18-47.