Post-doc researcher - Dynamics of Structures
The candidate should be interested in research topics related to earthquake resistant design of structures either onshore or offshore. In particular, the …
- Stevinweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 24 - 40 uur
- € 3238 - € 4084 per maand
The candidate should be interested in research topics related to earthquake resistant design of structures either onshore or offshore. In particular, the research topic relates to the effects of induced seismicity on the stuctural response of industrial faciltites. This includes, but is by no means restricted to, the seismic response of:
i) liquid storage tanks;
ii) pipelines supported either by structural frames or directly on ground;
iii) steel structures containing liquid-filled reservoirs at various levels being either pressurised or on atmospheric pressure;
iv) elevated silos.
The candidate should be willing to work on practical cases of interest and on developing further the theoretical understanding on the subject. Some pre-knowledge on soil-structure and fluid-structure interaction is required.
The candidate should:
- hold a PhD in related engineering field, preferably in some relation to earthquake resistant design of structures or at least related to structural dynamics;
- have an excellent knowledge of the English language;
- have an excellent knowledge of the Dutch language (strict prerequisite for this position);
- be aware of the design code provisions when it comes to earthquake resistant design with emphasis on the use of Eurocodes and international standards;
- have some experience working in the Dutch industry (although this is not a strict prerequisite for the position is highly valued);
- be eager to expand his knowledge in earthquake-resistant design and likes teamwork.
The TU Delft offers an attractive, customisable compensation and benefits package, including a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers day care, before- and after-school care and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position, please contact Dr. Apostolos Tsouvalas, assistant professor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number CITG18-18.