1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TU/e) - Eindhoven
We are looking for a Postdoc on Modelling of a biosensor for continuous monitoring with single-molecule resolution.
Chemical engineering process modelling and experimentation
The research work is carried out in the framework of a European FACCE-SURPLUS project 'Supervalue' in a consortium of the TU Delft and Polish academic and industry partners.
Your work will consist of:
1. Setting up chemical engineering process (reactor and separation units) models for supercritical water gasification of local wet residues, e.g. fruit residues, manures and sewage sludge. The aim of the modelling is to investigate the techno-economic feasibility of recovering energy and to recycle key elements, like phosphorus.
2. Performing batch reactor experiments to determine the partioning of key elements in the solid residues selected to the different phases generated during supercritical water gasification under relevant process conditions identified in activity 1.
3. Performing LCA studies associated with the new process and feedstock configuration cases using available software and database and compare with the benchmark conventional conversion technology of anaerobic digestion.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
• PhD degree in chemical engineering, technical physics, or mechanical engineering, with proven affinity for chemical processes, thermodynamics, and LCA.
• Interest in both applied and more fundamental science and engineering in the energy field.
• Excellent background in the following areas: thermo-chemistry, catalysis and thermodynamics, physical transport phenomena (heat and mass transfer), and life cycle assessment.
• Proven interest and skills regarding experimental research.
• Good communication skills and team player mentality in a multidisciplinary setting.
• Good spoken and written English. The TU Delft is a bi-lingual organisation; good knowledge of the Dutch language is considered to be a positive aspect of your application.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position, please contact Prof. W. de Jong, phone: +31 (0)15-2789476, e-mail:
email@example.com. To apply, please e-mail a detailed CV, list of publications, and contact information of three references along with a letter of application by 1 March 2018 to Prof. de Jong, application-3mE@tudelft.nl.
When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number 3ME18-01.
W. de Jong
Technische Universiteit Delft
Delft University of Technology (the TU Delft) is a multifaceted institution offering education and carrying out research in the technical sciences at an internationally recognised level. Education, research and design are strongly oriented towards applicability. The TU Delft develops technologies for future generations, focusing on sustainability, safety and economic vitality. At the TU Delft you will work in an environment where technical sciences and society converge. The TU Delft comprises eight faculties, unique laboratories, research institutes and schools.Faculty Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering
The 3mE Faculty trains committed engineering students, PhD candidates and post-doctoral researchers in groundbreaking scientific research in the fields of mechanical, maritime and materials engineering. 3mE is the epitome of a dynamic, innovative faculty, with a European scope that contributes demonstrable economic and social benefits.
The ambition of the Department of Process and Energy is to perform world class education and research in the area of process and energy for sustainable development. We focus our research on the following areas: Energy Technology, Engineering Thermodynamics, Large Scale Energy Storage, Intensified Reaction and Separation Technology, Fluid Mechanics, and Multiphase Flow. We are situated in the Process and Energy lab, a modern and inspriring academic environment with unique experimental facilities. For more information, see: https://www.tudelft.nl/3me/organisatie/afdelingen/process-energy.
The Large Scale Energy Storage section focuses its research on storage of electricity on the scale of solar plants and wind farms, and on process integration with thermo-chemical conversion of bioresources. It aims at bridging the gap between electricity load and demand, especially needed for highly intermittent energy sources like solar and wind. The main theme of the group is the conversion of power to preferably high energy density liquid fuels and chemicals where sustainably produced hydrogen is coupled to a (biobased) carbon source, e.g. CO2, CO or C.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature