Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Postdoc Artificial Intelligence and Data Science for Urban Water Infrastructure
The Department of Water Management is actively looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the field of Urban Water …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
The Department of Water Management is actively looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the field of Urban Water Infrastructure (UWI), with a focus on water digitalisation, data science and applied artificial intelligence (AI). The successful candidate will join the UWI group led by Prof. Zoran Kapelan and will be embedded in the AidroLab, TU Delft AI lab for research in sustainable water management, co-directed by Dr Riccardo Taormina.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to research, education and other activities in the UWI group and the Department, starting in December 2021/January 2022.
The key job responsibilities include:
- Research: Delivering high quality, internationally leading research in the field of urban water infrastructure, data science and applied AI. The potential research areas include but are not limited to advanced data analytics for smart water systems, development of AI and machine learning based models for urban water networks, adaptation of urban water systems to climate change, anomaly detection in water and wastewater systems and processes, asset management and cybersecurity of water (industrial) IoT systems.
- Education: Supporting the UWI group and Department in the development and delivery of undergraduate and, especially, postgraduate taught courses, with a focus on Urban Water Infrastructure, Data Science and applied Artificial Intelligence. Supervising MSc and BSc students, preparing and assessing student projects, assignments, and exam papers.
The successful candidate needs to have:
- A PhD or equivalent degree in applied artificial intelligence, computer science, civil engineering or related disciplines.
- Strong expertise in AI-related techniques such as (but not limited to) Deep Learning, Graph Neural Networks, Bayesian Methods and Probabilistic Machine Learning.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality research as evidenced in the publications record and otherwise.
- Strong independence, teamwork skills and a proactive attitude to work.
- Capacity to communicate effectively with peers, students, and external partners.
- Good understanding of the higher education environment, including diversity and inclusion values.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Experience with AI-related applications in the water / wastewater sector including (but not limited) to drinking water distribution systems and urban drainage / wastewater systems.
- Obtained (or contributed to obtaining) funding for research projects.
- Experience in supervising students and teaching.
- Excellent software programming skills (Python preferred).
- Experience related to the digitalisation of critical infrastructure and the industrial internet of things, e.g., digital twinning, anomaly detection, cybersecurity.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Dr Riccardo Taormina, Co-Director of AidroLab, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Prof Zoran Kapelan, Chair in Urban Water Infrastructure, email: email@example.com, tel: +31 (0)15 2788578.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature