We are looking for a talented PhD candidate that is willing to fabricate, characterize and measure the performance of nano- and micro-scale pioneer thermal …
PostDoc for research in the application of AM technology to the repair of composite aircraft structures
We have a vacancy for a two-year post-doc project to study printed titanium repair patches on CFRP aerospace materials. The occurrence of incidental damages …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3044 - € 4166 per maand
We have a vacancy for a two-year post-doc project to study printed titanium repair patches on CFRP aerospace materials.
The occurrence of incidental damages in composite aircraft structures can necessitate on-site repairs. This affects the repair methods and technologies that can be applied. Many of the limitations as found by using flat Titanium repair patches for complex curved shapes maybe overcome by Additive Manufacturing.
The two main aims of this project are:
• To investigate the potential for applying AM technologies to the fabrication of adhesively bonded and bolted patch repairs for composite structures, with the aim of eliminating forming;
• The other research aim is to find the best surface pretreatment and process conditions for the titanium repair patch in order to predict a long term durability of the adhesive bond. Starting point will be the use of alternative treatments such as sol gel and Chromate-free primers.
A large part of the research work will be experimentally based. The experiments will mainly take place in the DASML laboratories of the TU Delft.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative researcher motivated to push the limits of the Aerospace Technology. Applicants should have the following qualifications:
• PhD in Material Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Applied Physics or any another relevant discipline
• Extensive experience with material testing, experimental analysis and polymer science
• Excellent English, communication and reporting skills.
• Comfortable to work both independently and in a team
• A pro-active, independent, problem-solving, and result-oriented work attitude
• Expected to publish and participate in international conferences
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
To apply, please send a detailes CV, along with a short letter of motivation, contact information of two persons who can provide references, a publication list, an abstract of your PhD thesis and two selected publications. Please send your application by 5th of november 2018 to Gemma van der Windt, Secretary email: secr-ASM-LR@tudelft.nl. When applying, please refer to vacancy number LR18-29.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature